So who won the tour from 1999 to 2005

80 watchers
Sep 2020
8:22pm, 21 Sep 2020
941 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Allegedly. šŸ˜‚ But also doping suspicions in cycling, who knew. Large mammal conducts bowel movements in forested area. Head of Vatican based evangelical movement named ā€˜Popeā€™. šŸ˜‚ etc...
Sep 2020
9:19pm, 21 Sep 2020
1,816 posts
  •  
stuart little
Once again, police investigation finds evidence where anti doping don't. I'm shocked ;)
Sep 2020
9:33pm, 24 Sep 2020
953 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Just finished Lance doco part 1. Never caught the ā€˜99 quote by Liggett - ā€œif you believe in miracles... you believe in Lance Armstrongā€.
Sep 2020
10:00pm, 24 Sep 2020
1,685 posts
  •  
bonners
It is a fascinating documentary, have been mesmorised by both parts. Considering it is a documentary that is really rather fair to Armstrong, in my eyes he still comes across as quite a loathsome individual.

He wasn't quite explicit, but it is fairly obvious he feels quite hard done to and there is a total lack of remorse. The only thing he appears sorry for is getting caught.

Having said that, it is an absorbing documentary and I'm sure some might end up feeling sorry for him. It doesn't judge, it is up to the viewer to make their minds up.
Sep 2020
10:01pm, 24 Sep 2020
46,612 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
They often used language like extraordinary, unbelievable or incredible to describe his performances

For me (and Iā€™m biased) it was his misleading ā€˜the cancer communityā€™ that was worse than the cheating with drugs at cycling. Thatā€™s gone on since the start and Iā€™m sure is still happening now šŸ’‰
Sep 2020
10:06pm, 24 Sep 2020
46,613 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Assuming you believe anything Lance wrote or says it was losing to other teams of cyclists who were doping that led him to cheat to the level he did. Mind, isnā€™t a key part of the story him admitting during cancer treatment to taking a plethora of PEDs prior to his illness?
SPR
Sep 2020
10:12pm, 24 Sep 2020
31,676 posts
  •  
SPR
The cancer shield. Armstrong's behaviour in general was way worse than his doping which is why he won't be forgiven.

I can understand people being tempted to dope, I also understand that dopers aren't necessarily the worst human beings on earth, just people that make bad choices. Lance was a bully and just a terrible person through and through.
Sep 2020
4:36pm, 25 Sep 2020
957 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
There is a lot of hypocrisy around cycling - Tom Simpson = god, Pantani (contary to Lanceā€™s opinion) is idolised by many, Millar, Vino is a DS. But I also find Lanceā€™s hypocrisy annoying - so youā€™re sorry about SimeĆ³ni but not about Landis why not?! Iā€™d love for him to have explained that bond of trust and maybe speculate about the current state of affairs. The HincapiĆ© relationship is weird too - He uses him as an example of hypocrisy yet is his friend (id be pissed if I was George). His podcast is probably getting some money in and heā€™s backed Oura ring amongst other things.
SPR
Sep 2020
4:41pm, 25 Sep 2020
31,692 posts
  •  
SPR
As I said above, Simpson and Pantani's only crime was to dope. That's not Armstrong's only crime.
SPR
Sep 2020
4:43pm, 25 Sep 2020
31,693 posts
  •  
SPR
Take Simeoni. I can't come up with anyone that's doped that's done anything like what Armstrong did to Simeoni. Or Bassons, and that's just the cyclists.

About This Thread

Maintained by fitzer
Given that Lance's wins now don't count.