So how will you be spending your Christmas Day??

9 watchers
Dec 2011
9:40am, 20 Dec 2011
18,655 posts
  •  
Raptors Claws are coming to town
No run. Let's get that out of the way.

Up at leisure.
Open parcels.
2-hour drive to Kilmarnock for Christmas dinner, which my dad is making, and I'm actually quite pleased about this because until Mum went into hospital earlier this year the pinnacle of Dad's culinary skills was getting the beans and the toast hot at the same time, and now he does all the food shopping and cooking and as far as I know hasn't produced an inedible meal yet.
Best behaviour!
No drink, because we'll drive back home again afterwards.
Early night because travelling makes us oldsters very, very tired.
Dec 2011
9:54am, 20 Dec 2011
23 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
We're doing things differently this year by heading for my Mum's in Shropshire - so for first time in 13 years we won't be at home. Some of our 'traditions' may go by the wayside therefore. One is coming with is though - Bucks Fizz & bagels with smoked salmon for breakfast. Kids said it wouldn't be Christmas without that one! They are not as spoilt as that makes them sound, honest! Will pack my running kit but can't promise to make it out the door...
Dec 2011
10:14am, 20 Dec 2011
25,111 posts
  •  
Foxy Davy
wake up - fry up with pancakes, open presents go for run, big luch watch the great escape stuff face with twiglets & after 8's - perfect :)
Dec 2011
10:32am, 20 Dec 2011
11,287 posts
  •  
MissChappo
Up at 0400 if last year is anything to go by. Stocking presents then 1 parent back to bed, then alternate til about 9. Glass of bubbly, presents from under the tree, then friends turn up, walk into town, meet Dad and OH in pub, lunch in a restaurant, walk home, slump in front of telly, drinks, game maybe, cheese/ham/pickles/crackers in the evening.
Dec 2011
10:39am, 20 Dec 2011
8,037 posts
  •  
13 Cooks a-cooking.
Stocking presents in our room (us, daughter and MIL)
Breakfast (Bucks Fizz, grapefruit, finish off bottle of sparkly wine)
Under tree presents.
Beer.
Sherry.
Lunch with wine.
Port while washing up.
Beer.
Tele.
Supper with wine.
Bed.
Dec 2011
10:44am, 20 Dec 2011
5,960 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
Just me and the OH.

Presents under the tree (she'll wake me and insist)
Back to bed
Up, 2 hour cross country run :-)
Prepare dinner (prob a late one 3 ish - totally non traditional, duck crown for me, deep fried camambert for her, both our favourites)
Take phone off to avoid drunken phone call from mother (she rarely drinks but always has a tipple on Xmas day, LOL)

Rest of the day could be anything really. I might clean my bikes or just watch a DVD or 2, or one of my presents might get some use depending on what I get whatever I feel like really.
Dec 2011
10:47am, 20 Dec 2011
6,228 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Up early with kids, open presents, breakfast, run whilst kids play, prepare dinner, eat dinner, play with kids, run again whilst everyone watches telly and in-laws snooze, prepare tea, watch telly, hopefully read new book, sleep.
Dec 2011
11:47am, 20 Dec 2011
626 posts
  •  
Mr Alf Tupper
presents with the kids
run
visit my family, exchange gifts
OH sisters for dinner
listen to innane tales of the past that iv heared umpteen times!
watch everyone get drunker
watch some poor tele no doubt
home and kids to bed
misiltoe out ;)
Dec 2011
11:51am, 20 Dec 2011
190 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I will awake at "home" ie the parents place. We will then travel over to my sister's place, as she has a newborn so we are venturing over there instead of dragging her across. Should be quite entertaining. Normally Christmas Day is just my parents, me and my sister. Now I have my niece, and my sister's husband and all his family to add to the mix.

No doubt will be home and asleep by 9pm.
Dec 2011
11:55am, 20 Dec 2011
5,504 posts
  •  
Stander Claus
I'll be spending much of the day putting Junior's Lego Star Wars stuff together that Santa is bringing him.

Missus hopefully cooking dinner if she is well enough.
Doctor Who at 7pm

About This Thread

Maintained by runningmumof3boys
close intimate affair with family? huge family get together? alone? on holiday? down the pub? do you...