So how will you be spending your Christmas Day??

9 watchers
Dec 2011
12:05am, 20 Dec 2011
2,266 posts
  •  
runningmumof3boys
close intimate affair with family? huge family get together? alone? on holiday? down the pub? do you have the tele on? play games? eat too much and nod off??

Im thinking we tend to follow the traditions we did as a child growing up??

For me Christmas day is spent at home just me, hubby and the 3 boys- we open stockings 1st (little pressys) then get dressed in our posh togs, breakfast, open rest of pressys (big ones undet the tree from santa) , get family phone calls out the way and then spend the rest of the day eating, watching christmas tele, playing with the kids toys (helping put them together etc) and then nodding off in front of the tele.....boxing day is then spent with his parents and siblings in the day and my siblings come to our house in the evening for tea (my parents live in cyprus so theyre out of the equation)

thats my christmas and its perfect (for us)- whats yours??
Dec 2011
12:49am, 20 Dec 2011
1,583 posts
  •  
154 Rob @XCmas
wtf, RMo3?? No run?!

There'll be nothing from Santa, :'-( so it'll be a morning run followed by meeting 2 or 3 mates for roast turkey dinner and (judging by last year) drinking until Boxing day morning. No work this time, phew.
Dec 2011
1:35am, 20 Dec 2011
11,266 posts
  •  
McNewbie
^^^ I echo that - wtf, no run ?! ;) not sure what a 'perfect Christmas' is for me, but am happy with the one planned at the moment. kids with me 1st half of the day, opening presents before breakfast because I think it's cruel to make them wait otherwise, lol. similar to yours, runningmum, get all dressed up, play with/put together the presents, I'll be cooking a big Christmas lunch in the meantime. post lunch and play and tv, kids off to their dad's for 2nd half, leaves me to go for a run, pop by a friend's, and chill. oh, and I do make a point of having the Queen's Speech on in the background, even if we don't actually watch it. highlight of the Christmas Day tv schedule is Doctor Who :) used to be Only Fools, ah, them were the days *smokes pipe*
Dec 2011
8:39am, 20 Dec 2011
10,743 posts
  •  
DeeGee
My wife, the boy and I will go to her mum's on Christmas Eve, where we'll be joined by the wife's brother and his girlfriend. Because the wife's mum is German we have a buffet of snacks and then little 'un will open presents before bedtime. We'll do ours after.

Christmas morning will involve me going on a long run while Granny cooks the dinner and the others lounge around in their pyjamas. Dinner at lunch time, then Top of The Pops and sofa until bed.

Boxing day sees us go home after lunch, when my parents will come up from Kent, and we'll repeat the whole presents thing again. There might be a little race on Boxing Day monring as well.

It suits us. I really like the German way of getting the presents out of the way and dedicating Christmas Day to food.
Dec 2011
8:47am, 20 Dec 2011
390 posts
  •  
Mandymerryonbaileys
Will be me, hubby, daughter and Grandson for dinner - son and his girlfriend coming up for breakfast. A couple of walks with the dog in the day, pop out to visit family and thats it really. Hubby is on call so he may or may not be around during the day but he finishes at 7am Boxing Day so we will be having a drink etc on Boxing day.

Christmas Eve we are going on the miniture railway to see Santa - Grandson (4) doesnt know yet so will be a lovely surprise and should get us right in the mood :-)
Dec 2011
8:50am, 20 Dec 2011
2,267 posts
  •  
runningmumof3boys
Aah I am jealous re the Xmas day runs but there's no way I could get away with that !!
The main present after brekky is a new tradition set by my husband coz that's how his family did it is be quite happy to let the boys carry their sacks into our room and rip the paper off on our bedroom floor like we did as kids !! But it does make it last a bit longer and I put plenty of nice decent boys to keep the boys happy in their stockings (those bits are from us) whereas as the big ones under the tree are from Santa as my boys asked me once why do I buy presents for everybody else but not them ?!
Dec 2011
8:52am, 20 Dec 2011
2,268 posts
  •  
runningmumof3boys
"id be quite happy" sorry iPhone corrector g
Dec 2011
9:24am, 20 Dec 2011
1,588 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Family stuff dealt with.
Just me an my OH.
I no longer get trashed Xmas Eve so....
Nice brekkie, walk or run.
Pub for a couple.
Lunch starts around 1
Pressies at 3.00
Possibly some telly after that.
Something nice for tea.
Dec 2011
9:27am, 20 Dec 2011
1,090 posts
  •  
Lauchy, Frankincense and Myrrh
154 Rob - Sounds like the Christmas episode of Bottom!
Dec 2011
9:29am, 20 Dec 2011
12,357 posts
  •  
Pesto-myrrh-m
breakkie
church
dinner
presents
run/ walk/ nap
play a big board game.
watch a dvd
bed

:-)

About This Thread

Maintained by runningmumof3boys
close intimate affair with family? huge family get together? alone? on holiday? down the pub? do you...