So how will you be spending your Christmas Day??

9 watchers
Dec 2011
11:24pm, 21 Dec 2011
15,584 posts
  •  
swittlebelonelythischristmas
Somewhat overawed by the fine selection of activities - however, this'll be my 2nd Christmas Day solo, the theme will be 'leisure'.

Some venerable sitcoms early on, a run along Crosby beach to wish the Iron Men well for the festive season - and to see how many are dressed up! :)
Salmon for dinner, I think, and a few catch-up 'phone calls to the diaspora. A little social networking, no doubt, then get packed up for the Chevin Chase on Boxing Day.

swittle *won't* be lonely this Christmas ;)
Dec 2011
11:37pm, 21 Dec 2011
4,491 posts
  •  
LouLou
Hopefully open some presents in the morning - maybe even a pre-work run...

Then off to work 9-5pm at the hospitals - covering 2 sites so hopefully plenty of choccies etc on the wards ;)

Then drive 70-odd miles to my parents house for Christmas dinner and main present opening :) woop woop :)
Dec 2011
11:44pm, 21 Dec 2011
4,492 posts
  •  
LouLou
P.S It will all start the night before at Midnight Mass - for me the best part of Christmas is joining together with my family at the carol service then church - thats what its all about. I'm bit sad that I will not be with my family for it this year but got to work.
Dec 2011
1:43am, 22 Dec 2011
340 posts
  •  
LazyLady
xmas eve eve : morning flight to Glasgow n home immediately to get nudie with my OH who I've not seen for 4 weeks :-)
xmas eve : afternoon~evening eating/drinking soiree in veggie/vegan cafe-bar place in Glasgow :-)
xmas day : parcels, out for a spot of (non-vegan/veggie) swish xmas luncheon, visit rellies, more snacks, booze & parcels :-)
boxing day : travel back to Brum for work, rubbing my overinduldged belly and thinking 'shall I get pissed in the lounge again or I should do a run later..?' :-)
Dec 2011
8:44am, 22 Dec 2011
2,773 posts
  •  
windassisted
The girls will probably be up very early, so we'll try and put them off until at least 5.30. Then downstairs hoping that he's been. The girls will open their presents and then we'll do breakfast, shower, dressed etc. My mum and sister and mil will come round about 11 and we will open presents from each other. Play with new toys, cook dinner, eat dinner and go a walk. There may be some tv watching, but we often don't bother, apart from mil watching the Queen at 3pm.

I love hosting Christmas. Everyone will stay over and we'll do it all again on boxing day (without the early start and presents)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by runningmumof3boys
close intimate affair with family? huge family get together? alone? on holiday? down the pub? do you...