Snowdonia Marathon 2018

10 watchers
Dec 2018
12:55pm, 1 Dec 2018
1,034 posts
  •  
Shortcut Cam
I remember entering the 2009 race in June of that year. It was a popular race then but to get a place so late on is ridiculous. Maybe the organisers had just released another batch of entries and I go lucky? Even luckier was getting a room in the Royal Victoria, Llanberis šŸ˜ Thereā€™s obviously an enforced cap on entries so maybe a ballot is now in order šŸ˜¬
Dec 2018
2:17pm, 1 Dec 2018
124 posts
  •  
John Bach
Loads of places will become available nearer the time - people usually practically giving them away towards the end of September (transfer deadline being 30.9.19)
Dec 2018
4:26pm, 1 Dec 2018
1,035 posts
  •  
Shortcut Cam
Thatā€™s true John.
Dec 2018
5:03pm, 1 Dec 2018
6,143 posts
  •  
larkim
I don't know if a ballot would be any better. At least first come first served rewards some effort, a ballot allows for a more casual approach.

Maybe something which reserves places for local runners, or excludes (controversial) serial runners of the race to spread the joy a bit wider might work, but there's no perfect way of distributing the 3000 spots which would keep everyone happy. cf London!
Dec 2018
5:25pm, 1 Dec 2018
201 posts
  •  
Stilldreaming
Shortcut Cam - I think I ran my first Snowdonia marathon in 2009 and then you could enter much later and there were fewer places available. I guess it shows how much running has taken off as a sport and how brilliant this marathon is, compared to many other road marathons.

Anyway, isn't about time someone started the 2019 thread? TRex? John Bach?
Dec 2018
7:28pm, 1 Dec 2018
6,144 posts
  •  
larkim
You mean this one?
fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=60632

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Phill_Young
Any one else get a place on Friday when this went on sale?

Looking forward to this as my Autumn ...