Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Snowdonia Marathon 2018

10 watchers
Dec 2018
12:55pm, 1 Dec 2018
1034 posts
Shortcut Cam
I remember entering the 2009 race in June of that year. It was a popular race then but to get a place so late on is ridiculous. Maybe the organisers had just released another batch of entries and I go lucky? Even luckier was getting a room in the Royal Victoria, Llanberis 😁 There’s obviously an enforced cap on entries so maybe a ballot is now in order 😬
Dec 2018
2:17pm, 1 Dec 2018
124 posts
John Bach
Loads of places will become available nearer the time - people usually practically giving them away towards the end of September (transfer deadline being 30.9.19)
Dec 2018
4:26pm, 1 Dec 2018
1035 posts
Shortcut Cam
That’s true John.
Dec 2018
5:03pm, 1 Dec 2018
6143 posts
larkim
I don't know if a ballot would be any better. At least first come first served rewards some effort, a ballot allows for a more casual approach.

Maybe something which reserves places for local runners, or excludes (controversial) serial runners of the race to spread the joy a bit wider might work, but there's no perfect way of distributing the 3000 spots which would keep everyone happy. cf London!
Dec 2018
5:25pm, 1 Dec 2018
201 posts
Stilldreaming
Shortcut Cam - I think I ran my first Snowdonia marathon in 2009 and then you could enter much later and there were fewer places available. I guess it shows how much running has taken off as a sport and how brilliant this marathon is, compared to many other road marathons.

Anyway, isn't about time someone started the 2019 thread? TRex? John Bach?
Dec 2018
7:28pm, 1 Dec 2018
6144 posts
larkim
You mean this one?
fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=60632

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Phill_Young
Any one else get a place on Friday when this went on sale?

Looking forward to this as my Autumn ...