Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Small Person Bike Advice Needed

1 watcher
Feb 2013
2:12pm, 18 Feb 2013
424 posts
manda_r
I got a bianchi..
The guy in evans did comment that he didn't realise they made such small frames!
Feb 2013
2:31pm, 18 Feb 2013
18270 posts
hammerite
This is Jnr's bike, he's a bit bigger than your OH, but I think something like this would do the job...... It has 700c wheels.

Condor are based in London, so might be a good starting point. This one was second hand.
Feb 2013
9:11pm, 18 Feb 2013
3607 posts
Kieren
Thanks very much for all the replies guys :)

I hadn't realised how hard it was to get wheels / tyres. This thread stopped me buying a small bike off ebay for £20 because it needed a new wheel at 600*28A

2nd hand is definately preferable due to the high theft risk in central London.

Girlfriend is not too fussed about the type of bike but I'm trying to influence a road bike so we can both go at a pace skinny whees easily give.
Mar 2013
12:48am, 12 Mar 2013
3632 posts
Kieren
Thanks for all the advice - managed to source a bike.

It's a childs 1970s racer from ebay with narrow handlebars & smaller brake levers & 46cm frame. It's been converted to use mountain bike 26" wheels and has panaracer 26x1.25 tyres which I think are equivalent to 32c more or less.

It has paint chips & surface rust which is prefect from locking in London. Otherwise the frame is straight and in good condition.

Got it delivered today & girlfriend is yet to see it - hopefully there will be decent weather this weekned to try it out.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kieren
Hello, My girlfriend is 5 feet ( 150cm ) tall & looking for a bike. Finding something that fits is...