Slow and Proud (SAP) Club

76 watchers
Oct 2020
10:40pm, 7 Oct 2020
1,957 posts
  •  
Nutso Lazytoad!
Hello all Iā€™m good and still much happy in love, running doing some not doing some, walking lots, camping done a fair bit too. Off to my home north of the border for a bit which may kickstart my mojo a little as Covid has killed it!
Oct 2020
10:42pm, 7 Oct 2020
44,527 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Nice to see you are happy Nutso heart
Oct 2020
9:27am, 8 Oct 2020
3,368 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Nutso - your happiness radiates through your post šŸ˜. So happy for you - sounds like you have been having lots of fun xx
Oct 2020
11:13am, 8 Oct 2020
13,858 posts
  •  
mulbs
Hello you lovely lot. I think Covid has killed a lot of people's mojo. My training fell off a cliff in the early days of lockdown as it felt too frivolous to be out running, and then I've largely been a stressed-out-furlough-head until Oct 1st when I was unfurloughed, and now I'm kicking myself for not having spent more free time out there doing myself good!
Oct 2020
7:46pm, 8 Oct 2020
3,369 posts
  •  
Great to hear from you mulbs - sorry to hear that you have been furloughed. Hope your return to work goes well. Take care xx

I felt the same when I had 5 months off after being made redundant last October - for me, I felt I needed a break for about a month but still didn't tick anything off. My badly damaged ankle didn't help 2 weeks in and before I knew it I was back in work.
Oct 2020
11:33pm, 9 Oct 2020
3,732 posts
  •  
decorum
I'm still planning on doing the Doctor K 5k next week, though it'll be walked (yet again).

Good to hear folks good news and hoping those battling the ails, ills and aches get some good and fun running in when they fan.
Oct 2020
11:25am, 10 Oct 2020
3,370 posts
  •  
Good on you Decorum- I shall also be walking it - as part of my 20 mile walk šŸ™ˆ. The first 5km could be interesting as I shall be trying to find the Downslink route from a bus stop!!
Oct 2020
8:36pm, 10 Oct 2020
6,922 posts
  •  
Helegant
I'm focusing on swimming and cycling at the moment but I've noticed that my base heart-rate ony really comes down hen I run. Not that I've done much of that this year!
Oct 2020
9:48pm, 10 Oct 2020
3,371 posts
  •  
Hi Helegant, great to hear from you - and fab news on the swimming and cycling. Keep us posted on what challenges / objectives you are working towards - it doesn't have to be running and I know that quite a few SAPs have been pedalling away -and I hope to return to my swim lessons once my frozen shoulder has thawed!!
Oct 2020
12:08pm, 11 Oct 2020
159 posts
  •  
Chramies
Went round Richmond Park this morning - of 26 Fetchies who have logged this precise route I of course placed 26th. Didn't run all of it by any means but then didn't walk all of it either. FLNFT (Finish Lines Not Finish Times). A lovely morning for it.

About This Thread

Maintained by
star star we are the Slow and Proud Club (formed on 04/02/12) This thread was formerly an offshoot of the Absolute Beginners thread star star

Come and join us - we do not judge people on their pace and you will receive lots of encouragement.

We are proud that we are getting off our couches and getting out there, no matter how slow!

---------------------------------------------
2020 TARGETS, GOALS AND ACHIEVEMENTS

*** target events for 2020
*** target distances for 2020
*** target annual mileage for 2020
*** other SAP goals for 2020
[revised 05/10/20]

JAN
medal Nutso - half marathon medal

FEB
XXX GimmeMedals - Run Your Heart Out 10k (cancelled due to weather)

MAR
XXX Lip Gloss - Smokies 10m (DNS due to other events)

APR
XXX Lip Gloss - Declaration of Arbroath 700th Anniversary Half Marathon (11th) POSTPONED
XXX Wazelle - Brighton Marathon (19th) POSTPONED
XXX Alpenrose - M12K 2020 Marnhull (19th) CANCELLED
XXX Mulbs - London Marathon (26th) POSTPONED

MAY
XXX Lip Gloss - Chariots of Fire 5k CANCELLED
XXX Womble - Cranleigh Trail Half walk (10th) CANCELLED
XXX Lemon10 - Windermere Marathon (17th) POSTPONED

JUN

JUL

AUG
XXX Lip Gloss - Hatton 10k CANCELLED
XXX Womble - South Coast Challenge [walk first quarter c15 miles] (29th) POSTPONED UNTIL 2021 (NOW SIGNED UP FOR 50KM)

SEP
* Wazelle - Brighton Marathon (rescheduled date) VIRTUAL EVENT

OCT
XXX GimmeMedals - Great South Run (18th) CANCELLED
XXX Womble - Beachy Head Marathon (DEFERRED TO 2021)
XXX Mulbs - London Marathon (rescheduled date) CANCELLED

NOV
XXX Lemon10 - Windermere Marathon (1st - rescheduled date) CANCELLED

DEC
XXX

Womble's Goals
1) Keep doing my leg exercises and add ankles to the plan
2) Cto5k/10k my way
3) Concentrate on 5k then 10k times
4) Try to get to +300 miles in a year (plus 1000 walking miles)
5) Arrive at the BH marathon start line fit and healthy, and have fun whilst covering the challenge

Mulb's Goals
1) to start building some strength and flexibility work into my week
2) to get back in to walking every day for at least 30 mins
3) to shift some of the extra heft I've gained this year

To be archived: docs.google.com

[edited Dec 2019]