Slow and Proud (SAP) Club

2 lurkers | 76 watchers
Apr 2020
7:14pm, 13 Apr 2020
39,450 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Hi doing fine here. Still going to work everyday and the only difference is come straight back home again.
Currently have a hamstring injury so running isn't really happening.
How are you managing?
Apr 2020
12:49pm, 15 Apr 2020
3,702 posts
  •  
decorum
Hamstrings are a PITA, *sending psychic hugs, warmth and sports massaging*

I'm used to spending most days on my own ... SWMBO's working from home ... I'm glad we've always been friends as well as a couple ~ and, even then, it's still ..... 'quite trying' *rofl*

And I'm loving my green time being restricted ~ we're down the road from a park ... such utter stupidity!

And I *might* need a pacemaker ~ the low pulse rate seems to have (finally) fully connected with the GP's surgery's radar šŸ˜‰ .

Bless the background staff of the NHS. However good a job nurses and doctors are doing at the mo with keeping 'us' alive, we seem to be forgetting to thank all those who are helping us maintain our daily lives, restricted as they might be for the time being.
Apr 2020
10:10pm, 16 Apr 2020
6,368 posts
  •  
kwala
Hello Sappers :-)

I've been working from home more or less since the restrictions began. After the first week or so I hadn't left the house and could feel my anxiety starting to build up again so I forced myself out for a walk, which has now built up to a walk/shuffle over the last couple of weeks - I call it my sanity run and don't know if I would be coping without it tbh.
Apr 2020
2:37pm, 17 Apr 2020
3,704 posts
  •  
decorum
Similar boat here, my daily outside time is definitely needed for my mental health and general life balancing act.
Apr 2020
11:38pm, 20 Apr 2020
1,994 posts
  •  
Wazelle
I've reduced the dog from 2 walks a day to one dog jog with me. my back is a but sore, but she and I are looking a bit fitter and less shuffly.
Apr 2020
9:16am, 21 Apr 2020
13,803 posts
  •  
mulbs
Hi all, how is everyone? I'm off litter pick8ng in a bit, might squeeze in a slow and proud run first
Apr 2020
7:33am, 23 Apr 2020
1,945 posts
  •  
Nutso Lazytoad!
Morning all I hope you are all well in these testing times? Iā€™m working from home and trying t8 get out daily for a walk and still trying to keep fit.
Apr 2020
8:20am, 23 Apr 2020
3,003 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Hi SAPs, I am busy working from home and have a slow mooch with the pooch most mornings.

Take care all. Keep safe
Apr 2020
12:20pm, 25 Apr 2020
3,804 posts
  •  
Lemon10
Morning all. I am also working from home and getting out pretty much every day for a run. Finally feel like I am making progress. I hope you are all keeping well. I have signed up for Miles for Mind virtual run in May to keep motivated - they have a lovely medal and you know I love medals! šŸ˜€
May 2020
6:56pm, 7 May 2020
3,008 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Too much sun was had in my lunchtime break today which resulted in me signing up for Brighton Marathon 2021!!!

About This Thread

Maintained by
star star we are the Slow and Proud Club (formed on 04/02/12) This thread was formerly an offshoot of the Absolute Beginners thread star star

Come and join us - we do not judge people on their pace and you will receive lots of encouragement.

We are proud that we are getting off our couches and getting out there, no matter how slow!

---------------------------------------------
2020 TARGETS, GOALS AND ACHIEVEMENTS

*** target events for 2020
*** target distances for 2020
*** target annual mileage for 2020
*** other SAP goals for 2020
[revised 05/10/20]

JAN
medal Nutso - half marathon medal

FEB
XXX GimmeMedals - Run Your Heart Out 10k (cancelled due to weather)

MAR
XXX Lip Gloss - Smokies 10m (DNS due to other events)

APR
XXX Lip Gloss - Declaration of Arbroath 700th Anniversary Half Marathon (11th) POSTPONED
XXX Wazelle - Brighton Marathon (19th) POSTPONED
XXX Alpenrose - M12K 2020 Marnhull (19th) CANCELLED
XXX Mulbs - London Marathon (26th) POSTPONED

MAY
XXX Lip Gloss - Chariots of Fire 5k CANCELLED
XXX Womble - Cranleigh Trail Half walk (10th) CANCELLED
XXX Lemon10 - Windermere Marathon (17th) POSTPONED

JUN

JUL

AUG
XXX Lip Gloss - Hatton 10k CANCELLED
XXX Womble - South Coast Challenge [walk first quarter c15 miles] (29th) POSTPONED UNTIL 2021 (NOW SIGNED UP FOR 50KM)

SEP
* Wazelle - Brighton Marathon (rescheduled date) VIRTUAL EVENT

OCT
XXX GimmeMedals - Great South Run (18th) CANCELLED
XXX Womble - Beachy Head Marathon (DEFERRED TO 2021)
XXX Mulbs - London Marathon (rescheduled date) CANCELLED

NOV
XXX Lemon10 - Windermere Marathon (1st - rescheduled date) CANCELLED

DEC
XXX

Womble's Goals
1) Keep doing my leg exercises and add ankles to the plan
2) Cto5k/10k my way
3) Concentrate on 5k then 10k times
4) Try to get to +300 miles in a year (plus 1000 walking miles)
5) Arrive at the BH marathon start line fit and healthy, and have fun whilst covering the challenge

Mulb's Goals
1) to start building some strength and flexibility work into my week
2) to get back in to walking every day for at least 30 mins
3) to shift some of the extra heft I've gained this year

To be archived: docs.google.com

[edited Dec 2019]