•  
Lip Gloss
:-)
Jan 2023
12:52pm, 29 Jan 2023
4,019 posts
  •  
lin50
Well, the slow running challenge was all about :imagine a helium balloon tied to your head, imagine holding a pizza box, run on the balls of your feet rather than heels, breath through your nose. All things that as runners we already know, but either forget or probably donโ€™t think about when weโ€™re running. Itโ€™s been good to give it a go and has definitely made me run more mindfully.
Jan 2023
8:06pm, 30 Jan 2023
58,414 posts
  •  
alpenrose
First run back after over 3 weeks today, mainly 2/1 R/W or as I felt.

I can't do nose breathing when I run. You've kicked the year off really well lin. :)
Mar 2023
12:36pm, 15 Mar 2023
3,904 posts
  •  
decorum
Still benched ... have found out that my platelets are low ~ apparently they're half of what a healthy body should have but not so low as to be wholly indicative of a probable cause. Emergency appt was made and cancelled with a "... due to unforeseen circumstances, well get back to you if/when we can* ..."

* This happens so often that I no longer take an excess of notice in when the initial appt is for ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿซจ [Background, degenerative, health condition and all that ...]
Mar 2023
1:31pm, 15 Mar 2023
14,401 posts
  •  
mulbs
That sounds crappy decorum, I take it you're feeling crappy too? Wishing you better days (and nights)
Mar 2023
2:48pm, 15 Mar 2023
3,905 posts
  •  
decorum
Well ... I'm thankful I live in the present and in the U.K ~ not being able to digest 'complex' foods and not having had a hot meal in almost 6 months socks a bit. Having switched to Huel and Aymes means I pass a lot less noxious gasses, but I'm still nauseated most of the time ...

All in all, it could be worse!

(Having a more and more toddleresque 85 year old in the house does make for additional issues ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ฑ ~ he actually had a stroppy foot stamp at a motorway services lunch stop ... because there wasn't a Macdonalds and he WANTED ONE!!!.

Mind, my sister was there and ... well ... that weekend was an eye opener for her! ๐Ÿฅบ ๐Ÿ˜ And she thought it'd be nice to share a double room with him!!! Welcome to our lives, sis! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚)
Mar 2023
3:20pm, 15 Mar 2023
14,402 posts
  •  
mulbs
Well played dec! I did Huel for a couple of years but then weirdly developed an intolerance to it (I think, I've not been brave enough to try it again as the last 3 times I did I was horribly sick). While I was a happy Hueller I did like how much time and brainspace it gave me back. Not heard of Aymes.

Being constantly nauseous sounds exhausting.
Mar 2023
7:57pm, 15 Mar 2023
3,907 posts
  •  
decorum
Aymes is a prescribed complete meal replacement powder (well, mine's powdered ~ I've no idea whether a liquid version's available).

I'd happily recommend Aymes ~ the down side is that only four flavors are available (banana, chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla).

To be honest I might be tempted to the dark side of the farce if it meant I could eat good, solid, food! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Several years of the continuous desire to barf is starting to get a bit old and tired! ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฎ

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
star star we are the Slow and Proud Club (formed on 04/02/12) This thread was formerly an offshoot of the Absolute Beginners thread star star

Come and join us - we do not judge people on their pace and you will receive lots of encouragement.

We are proud that we are getting off our couches and getting out there, no matter how slow!

---------------------------------------------
2020 TARGETS, GOALS AND ACHIEVEMENTS

*** target events for 2020
*** target distances for 2020
*** target annual mileage for 2020
*** other SAP goals for 2020
[revised 05/10/20]

JAN
medal Nutso - half marathon medal

FEB
XXX GimmeMedals - Run Your Heart Out 10k (cancelled due to weather)

MAR
XXX Lip Gloss - Smokies 10m (DNS due to other events)

APR
XXX Lip Gloss - Declaration of Arbroath 700th Anniversary Half Marathon (11th) POSTPONED
XXX Wazelle - Brighton Marathon (19th) POSTPONED
XXX Alpenrose - M12K 2020 Marnhull (19th) CANCELLED
XXX Mulbs - London Marathon (26th) POSTPONED

MAY
XXX Lip Gloss - Chariots of Fire 5k CANCELLED
XXX Womble - Cranleigh Trail Half walk (10th) CANCELLED
XXX Lemon10 - Windermere Marathon (17th) POSTPONED

JUN

JUL

AUG
XXX Lip Gloss - Hatton 10k CANCELLED
XXX Womble - South Coast Challenge [walk first quarter c15 miles] (29th) POSTPONED UNTIL 2021 (NOW SIGNED UP FOR 50KM)

SEP
* Wazelle - Brighton Marathon (rescheduled date) VIRTUAL EVENT

OCT
XXX GimmeMedals - Great South Run (18th) CANCELLED
XXX Womble - Beachy Head Marathon (DEFERRED TO 2021)
XXX Mulbs - London Marathon (rescheduled date) CANCELLED

NOV
XXX Lemon10 - Windermere Marathon (1st - rescheduled date) CANCELLED

DEC
XXX

Womble's Goals
1) Keep doing my leg exercises and add ankles to the plan
2) Cto5k/10k my way
3) Concentrate on 5k then 10k times
4) Try to get to +300 miles in a year (plus 1000 walking miles)
5) Arrive at the BH marathon start line fit and healthy, and have fun whilst covering the challenge

Mulb's Goals
1) to start building some strength and flexibility work into my week
2) to get back in to walking every day for at least 30 mins
3) to shift some of the extra heft I've gained this year

To be archived: docs.google.com

[edited Dec 2019]