Slippy insoles?

1 watcher
AD
Feb 2022
6:20pm, 20 Feb 2022
220 posts
  •  
AD
I have some saucony triumph 19s —. When wet and running downhill — something living in the North of England I do a lot of, I have found the insoles slip and scrunch up and my toes.

I changed the insoles to a set of old ones from an old pair of saucony endorphins and they do the same. They didn’t when I used them in the endorphin shifts, this suggests there is something wrong with the footbed which gets too slippy when wet.

Anybody had this issue ? Any body have any solutions? I’m thinking a waterproof glue should do the trick?
Feb 2022
7:33pm, 20 Feb 2022
3,048 posts
  •  
Oranj
Skateboard grip tape might be the thing? I have a reel of 1" width that I mostly use for TT bars on my time trial bike but I've found a little strip of it also helped to keep my "Clearly Adjustable Heel Lifts" in place when I was using them.
Feb 2022
8:46pm, 20 Feb 2022
1,333 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
I've had that a time or two with totally sodden Ortholites in Salomons. I put a couple of pieces of double-sided sticky tape under. Not sure it fixed it as it is too rare to say.
AD
Feb 2022
9:35pm, 20 Feb 2022
221 posts
  •  
AD
Cheers guys will try the tape
Feb 2022
3:10pm, 22 Feb 2022
4,973 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
The Salomon insoles used to be terrible for that - either glue/tape them in, or replace with a more sturdy insole

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by AD
I have some saucony triumph 19s —. When wet and running downhill — something living in the North of England I do a lot of, I have found the insoles slip and scrunch up and my toes.

I changed the insoles to a set of old ones from an old pair of saucony endorphins and they do the same. They didn’t when I used them in the endorphin shifts, this suggests there is something wrong with the footbed which gets too slippy when wet.

Anybody had this issue ? Any body have any solutions? I’m thi...