Skins Tights

1 watcher
Feb 2013
9:32pm, 17 Feb 2013
2,191 posts
  •  
clare1976
Skins full length tights...

I am thinking about getting some to wear after hard runs / races (and possibly to train in too). What do people think of them? Do they help recovery? Or is it just a gimmick?

I have also had a look around and there seem to be 2 types - the A200 and the A400 - anybody know what the difference is?

Also anybody know where is the best value price-wise?

Thanks!
Feb 2013
9:40pm, 17 Feb 2013
5,935 posts
  •  
RichHL
There is limited research and it's inconclusive. I like the feeling of compression gear. I'm not sure that affects performance or aids recovery.

The manufacturers mapped more points when designing the 400 gear for a better fit.

I'd just use Google to search for the cheapest deals.
Feb 2013
9:43pm, 17 Feb 2013
9,453 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
I got the A400s for Christmas and really like them. They are my first piece of compression gear and I would definitely buy more (if I were feeling rich)

I really like the feel of them too.

And they make your butt look great :-)
Feb 2013
9:45pm, 17 Feb 2013
3,435 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I love them. I am sure they help. It could be in my head though. They keep you toasty too.
Feb 2013
9:47pm, 17 Feb 2013
6,278 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I've got skins & love them. Whether they make a difference in recovery/training not sure but I love them I got a 2nd pair when sweatshop had them 1/2 price recently.
Feb 2013
9:48pm, 17 Feb 2013
106 posts
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
Aren't the RY series for recovery? I think A series are intended to be worn during sport. I'm sure there no law against wearing A tights in bed, of course, but they may not be as tight or whatever.

Anecdotally, the RY do either (a) work, or (b) have some positive impact. I'm generally pretty skeptical about these things (especially as you mostly see Skins clothing worn in races by triathletes and Men's Health readers) so I was prepared to be disappointed when I bought a pair of RY400 in the autumn. But no... they're always on after a hard session/race now.

If it helps, the girl who does my massage also wears Skins tights and more or less said the same: they either do work, or she perceives that they work.
Feb 2013
9:49pm, 17 Feb 2013
6,279 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
And to follow from bints comment they are like spandex for runners great control ;)
Feb 2013
9:58pm, 17 Feb 2013
9,454 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
I wear mine for training/racing rather than for recovery, by the way, but do keep them on for a while afterwards once I've stretched etc

I would happily buy the RY series for recovery given what Carlos has said too.
Feb 2013
10:06pm, 17 Feb 2013
2,192 posts
  •  
clare1976
thanks all, really helpful advice :-) need to think about whether the A*** or RY*** would be best for what I will use them for.
Feb 2013
10:11pm, 17 Feb 2013
1,435 posts
  •  
Lyns
I've got the recovery type - I sleep in mine after a really long day cycling or skiing or hiking and they do definately reduce doms a lot for me in my quads. Particularly after hiking with seriously steep and long downhills when my quads are usually shredded the next day.

About This Thread

Maintained by clare1976
Skins full length tights...

what do people think of them? worth the cost? help with recovery?