Ski/Snow hols

1 lurker | 37 watchers
Nov 2019
8:56am, 7 Nov 2019
33,076 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Snow in Glenshee this morning. I may get to do some cross country this year! :-) G
Nov 2019
9:26am, 29 Nov 2019
42,002 posts
  •  
alpenrose
The lifts open today in St Anton - doesn't look very pleasant for skiing there today though, glad I'm still at home. :)
Dec 2019
9:53pm, 12 Dec 2019
20,679 posts
  •  
Meglet
Ooh, snow on the page now!

I'm off to Alpe d'Huez on Saturday. A new resort to me and I'm going with my two (young adult) daughters, I haven't skied with them in 7 years! Getting excited as there is loads of snow and even more forecast (as long as we can get to the resort!)
Dec 2019
10:35pm, 12 Dec 2019
42,219 posts
  •  
alpenrose
Oo, I'm excited for you Meg, have a lovely time. :)
Dec 2019
11:48pm, 12 Dec 2019
16,183 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Alpe d'Huez is one of our favourite resorts. You’ll have an ACE time! :) :)
Jan 2020
5:08pm, 30 Jan 2020
20,739 posts
  •  
Meglet
Nobody been yet?

We had a great week in Alpe d’Huez, including three joint lessons which helped us all. My kids are great to ski with, similar ability/speed, though they haven’t really got the hang of apres yet (‘shall we stop for a drink?’ ‘No let’s just get back’). Resort wasn’t fully open but there was still plenty to ski including the Sarenne which we all enjoyed. Sadly the final day was raining/windy/snowy and they closed all the lifts.

Last week I had a short trip to Meribel with my ladies group, 8 of us. It’s over 10y since I’ve been to the Three Valleys and it didn’t disappoint, we had a fab day in Courchevel where the conditions were amazing, the slopes quiet and the skies blue. (And the restaurants expensive!). We tended to have long late lunches so didn’t ski much in the afternoons. They’re a bad influence, lots of food and lots of drink was had!

I could probably squeeze in another short trip, but it’s looking unlikely as I don’t really have anybody to go with and skiing really is a social thing
Jan 2020
5:19pm, 30 Jan 2020
42,757 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I'm currently in St Anton, nearly at the end of my trip now. We had a good dump the last couple of days (much needed) and lovely blue sky today. I'll be back again in a few weeks and hope they get more snow in February. :)
Jan 2020
7:34pm, 30 Jan 2020
11,143 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I’m off to Japan at the end of Feb. It is my best man’s 40th and he is going to Niseko. He lives in Singapore now so apparently it is the closest decent resort. Bit of a trek for me though

510cm of snow so far this season and 224cm in January. That seems quite a lot
Jan 2020
9:18pm, 30 Jan 2020
212 posts
  •  
TommyK
Spent Christmas and New Year in La Plagne / Les Arcs.

Could have done with some fresh snow towards the end of the trip, but, we had a great time.

Motorhome snowboarding is the way to go (even if it is a three day drive from Glasgow to The Alps.)
Jan 2020
10:10pm, 30 Jan 2020
16,633 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
We’ve booked to stay in La Plagne first week of March. Looking forward to it very much.

About This Thread

Maintained by hammerite
OK I've held off long enough.

If you're heading on a board or the planks, where are you off to?...