Ski/Snow hols

37 watchers
28 Feb
7:15am, 28 Feb 2024
2 posts
  •  
Kerrieocfo
TRO - consider Sun Peaks in BC over Whistler. We spent a month in Whistler last year and at weekends or powder days you can spend close to 2hr in a lift queue waiting to upload at the start of the day and then each lift at least 20 min. Sun Peaks is smaller but you never wait in a line and everyone is so friendly. Highly recommend.
29 Feb
6:35pm, 29 Feb 2024
4,731 posts
  •  
StuH
Have fun Meglet We were there in mid January, loved it! Although we do slightly prefer the skiing over in Les Arcs.

Judging by all the Conquercise notifications I'm getting, you aren't the only Fetchie there this week!
2 Mar
8:47pm, 2 Mar 2024
27,560 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
Thanks Kerrie that’s kind of where I’m at re somewhere where you don’t queue.

I’ve done some tiny Canadian resorts where you end up knowing/chatting to lift operators after a couple of days. Very different ambience, not all designer gear - locals likely to pitch up in old scruffs, it’s as routine to them as taking the dog for a walk in local park.
2 Mar
8:57pm, 2 Mar 2024
19,242 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I had no issues at whistler but I was skiing Monday to Friday…
2 Mar
10:06pm, 2 Mar 2024
24,434 posts
  •  
Meglet
Yesterday in La Plagne was ok, snowy most of the day and variable visibility but we did ski more than I thought. (Though I have a horrible cold so it was very hard work and I skipped the evening out)

Today was amazing, started out sunny, fresh snow, great conditions. Went across the Vanoise and really enjoyed Les Arcs. Got very windy by the end of the day and light went a bit flat. Snow a bit patchy lower down but we only went there when we had to coming back from Arcs

Tomorrow might be very snowy, so will wait and see what the day brings, but at least we all enjoyed it today

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by hammerite
OK I've held off long enough.

If you're heading on a board or the planks, where are you off to?...