Silly question. How do you "Garmin" your intervals. If at all?

5 watchers
Apr 2013
9:39am, 23 Apr 2013
3,071 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
yeah, good point. I've only just started getting properly organised with this stuff. Normally I just step out the door, start the watch and run for a bit, then stop the watch at the end :-)

Need to ensure I put notes etc on the logs when I add them. Then compare the interval sessions when I have done enough to start looking at the (hopeful!) improvement.

Thanks!
Apr 2013
9:41am, 23 Apr 2013
12,668 posts
  •  
Nick Cook
Are you doing the WVR 10k on Sunday? I should be there (having toyed with the idea of doing a London to Reading bike ride that day, but rejecting it).
Apr 2013
9:46am, 23 Apr 2013
3,073 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Yes Nick I will be. Got Alice Holt parkrun on Saturday morning, followed by a two hour session of Handball in Alton, so not sure what running state I'll be in on Sunday but I will be there :-)
Apr 2013
9:47am, 23 Apr 2013
8,391 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Display showing lap pace, lap distance, lap time, laps. Reset after warmup. Hit lap as necessary. That's how I do.
Apr 2013
9:58am, 23 Apr 2013
3,993 posts
  •  
BanjoBax
same approach as Keefy Beefy, except I needed a circular laminated printout of session in hand to keep track where upto and what coming next as well.
Apr 2013
1:48pm, 23 Apr 2013
1,839 posts
  •  
minardi.
is there anyway to adjust the volume of the beeps - I never hear mine :-o so I use Runkeeper on my phone instead but that runs the battery down real quick
Apr 2013
2:03pm, 23 Apr 2013
6,397 posts
  •  
RichHL
RunKeeper drains my phone battery too quickly and the iPhone interface is too difficult for me to manage when I'm knackered. I start the session as soon as I have a signal or when I start running, whichever is later. I hit Lap at the beginning and end of each interval and make notes on the session as appropriate. It doesn't always work but I'm not really all that anal about it any more.
Apr 2013
2:05pm, 23 Apr 2013
5,413 posts
  •  
*Anj*
Take off the autolap and use the lap button to record your intervals and rest times over the session

There is also a training mode where you can load up intervals to the Garmin in advance but you would need to know the session before you started to do that.

I assume somebody else has already told you this but couldn't be arsed to read the thread ;)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
I've never done intervals before outside of a 15 minute solo test a year or so back. Going to the c...