Sickness

1 watcher
May 2013
2:08pm, 30 May 2013
19 posts
  •  
HONESTMACKEM
I have noticed on my last few sessions that I am getting a sort of gagging reflex and don't know why as I am not doing anything different. It it almost like my throat is dry and despite having to take a drink with my to combat the feeling I still feel like gagging.

I am not a big drinker of alcohol and drink in moderation, never eat too close before running and not changed my lifestyle but do have very mild asthma.

Has this happened to anyone else - or can you suggest something??
May 2013
2:34pm, 30 May 2013
74 posts
  •  
mrsdistraction
I'd suggest going to your GP and telling them about it. I've not heard of this before, but I'm no expert.
May 2013
8:36pm, 30 May 2013
96 posts
  •  
brandstifterin
Worth getting yourself down to your GP. Is this a recent development? Could it be hayfever related?
May 2013
9:35am, 31 May 2013
20 posts
  •  
HONESTMACKEM
Thanks for the advice.
Never thought of hayfever before so I may start taking antihistamines (I used to suffer, but that was a good few years ago).

I did mention my reflex at work too and someone asked if I was dehydrated, not sure if this also would be a reason why - but I do drink quite a bit during the day.
Jul 2013
10:41pm, 7 Jul 2013
22 posts
  •  
HONESTMACKEM
Decided to finally bite the bullet and visited my GP yesterday, seems I have an overactive larynx nerve causing an acid reflux. Tablets for a month to see if it settles or if not I may need a laryngoscopy. Pleased I went along but I don't think I'll be doing many LSR's for a while.
Aug 2013
10:16am, 11 Aug 2013
26 posts
  •  
HONESTMACKEM
Yay! I'm back!
Tablets have worked a treat, have to keep taking the pills but no problems on my last couple of runs.
Aug 2013
12:31pm, 11 Aug 2013
1,731 posts
  •  
Crooked-smile
glad you're sorted :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by honestmackem
I have noticed on my last few sessions that I am getting a sort of gagging reflex and don't know wh...