Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Shrewsbury Marathon & Half Marathon

7 watchers
Jun 2013
4:34pm, 25 Jun 2013
12431 posts
*jono*
I think runners will forgive organisers for things out of their control - weather for instance, even it impacts on shortfalls and makes the shortfalls worse.

But just shabby planning and what seems a shake down, well I think most runners would say *not again*

depends now on the organisers discussion / communication post race
Jun 2013
11:21pm, 25 Jun 2013
941 posts
wrexhamrob
Hi folks I ran and enjoyed this race , yes teething problems. But I emailed organiser with feedback and fair play to him he answered all my points - posted on the RWforum. I liked the laps and switchbacks to see other runners, yes start was delayed, out f their control, should have been more loos and should have been routed past them, finish will have to be improved .

They didn't run out of water- I finished 4:29 and on my 4th Lao they were giving paper cups instead of bottles of earlier- ok by then a brief walk was ok. Shamblolic not really, lots of room for improvement certainly. I ran in my Welsh dragon kit and had loads of friendly banter with lots of great support. We ll see whether they bother with a full next year. More comments on RW and www.blogmold.blogspot.com
Jun 2013
6:03am, 28 Jun 2013
76 posts
johnnyh
Hi Rob, glad you enjoyed it but did you not think the allowing of headphones was wrong, the roads too narrow to overtake, the mile markers being up to a quarter of a mile out and what was going on with the marshals? As for the finish line even the guy giving out the drinks said it was sh##e.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by AdminLiz
Another new one to add to the list!
23rd June 2012
http://intherunning.net/events/the-shewsbury-ma...