Should we all be Buds?

2 watchers
Sep 2022
11:51am, 4 Sep 2022
139 posts
  •  
Old Mum
Thanks all. I do have bone conduction phones that my ex gave me for a birthday. TBH I wasn't massively impressed by them but to be fair I suspect they were 'beginner's level' to see if it was worth moving up to a better quality. I do also have a Touch knocking about somewhere that one of the kids abandoned, so I'll look in to that and transmitter.

Ideally, I'd like something that I can clip on (like a shuffle) and do away with the tangle of wire. It would also be useful for using with my phone. My biggest issue is that all of my music is on iTunes. Then again, putting it all on Spotify/other could be a fun project.
Sep 2022
12:08pm, 4 Sep 2022
2,237 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I am a bit of a old dragon I use ipod shuffle it clips onto bra and good to go.I take it I would need ipod touch and transmitter....I think I may stay as I am;-) if it works dont try to fix it.
Sep 2022
9:10am, 5 Sep 2022
43,648 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sorry, never listen to music or speech while running! In the gym I do (don't want to hear their dodgy music or some of the grunts of other users!) I find buds in ear work fine and phone on floor (so equiv in running would be in my bum bag - I do take phone for photos / safety on longer, hillier runs).

I had some Bose buds which were expensive but great sound quality. Battery has deteriorated on them now (8 years old?) so I bought some cheap (£20 from Asda) to listen to radio/podcasts in gym. They are rubbish sound quality but battery lasts. They all stay in my ears fine!

I use Spotify for music and podcasts and BBC Sounds for radio a lot too. :-) G
Sep 2022
9:12am, 5 Sep 2022
43,649 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
My Garmin (Vivoactive 4) also lets you load music/podcasts onto watch, and bluetooth connects to earbuds. But I've never used it (except to test when I got it), for reasons described above! :-) G
Sep 2022
3:34pm, 6 Sep 2022
35,464 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
shokz boneconductor headphones (no cable) to phone in thigh pocket on flanci kit no issues
Sep 2022
3:46pm, 6 Sep 2022
19,505 posts
  •  
Chrisull
I don't listen to music, but have had to learn with taking phone with me as I'm the lead on some long runs. My best solution has been a lightweight belt from Millets £8: millets.co.uk

Can't pretend it's perfect, but it's way better than pockets, shoulder straps etc.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Old Mum
Advice please from the holy hallows of Fetchverse. I hate running with my phone for many reasons, so would welcome suggestions for alternatives because:

1, I'm a klutz and will inevitably goes middle aged arse over saggy tits and total the thing

2, Running with phone in pocket pulls my shorts down and there's no single soul on this planet needs to see that arse crack

3, I have tried other alternatives to music/podcast download sites but now, everything I ever stored is stupidl...