Should I get some new trainers???

2 watchers
Dec 2012
1:01pm, 9 Dec 2012
3,758 posts
  •  
Cranderby Tup
I've got a feeling this thread is not for me *goes off to re-glue hanging off sole on favourite two year old pair of Walsh fell shoes*
Dec 2012
4:27pm, 9 Dec 2012
2,164 posts
  •  
Garfield
LOL! I too seem to be the Imelda Marcos of trainers...about 7 or 8 pairs on the go, depending on various running ailments, or how legs feel on the day, or terrain...:)
Dec 2012
9:55am, 10 Dec 2012
278 posts
  •  
Fitz
I'm with you Tup.

One pair of road shoes, coming up to 700 miles, good for a few more I reckon. Have just ordered a new pair (same model) to replace them when the time comes, will alternate them for a couple of weeks while the new ones break in.

On pair of goretexy trail shoes for BMF on wet grass. 2 years in and showing no signs of needing replacement (although not as waterproof as they once were).

Having said that, I only run 30-ish miles per week max, always on road and very rarely run on consecutive days.
Dec 2012
9:15pm, 10 Dec 2012
7,165 posts
  •  
We Three Kings of Caterpill Are
Don't get me wrong. I get a thousand miles out of a pair. But when someone asks you the question "do I need new running shoes" in here there is only one answer.
Dec 2012
10:24pm, 10 Dec 2012
13,923 posts
  •  
hellen
I am not quite as bad as fenland but not far off
Like someone else said always have diff colours of same shoe on the go so they don't get mixed up then when they are retired they are not on the list any more so no confusion.
I have a couple of pairs in my filing cabinet at work for lunchtime runs so mostly I can remember which shoes I have used but I have to log runs within a few days otherwise I can get confused!
Dec 2012
10:26pm, 10 Dec 2012
13,924 posts
  •  
hellen
Fenland, why do you have more than one pair of quite a few diff models on the go at the same time. Could understand if one was about to be retired and one new but that does not seem to be the case.

I keep my brand new bought cheap brand new shoes on a shelf in the garage ( and a couple of pairs locked in cupboard at school hiding from mr h as he gets twitchy when there are too many Pairs around !)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I am due to run a HM in six weeks, been for a run this morning and afterwards looked at my current t...