Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Shoes for mixed terrain

5 watchers
Nov 2014
11:24am, 13 Nov 2014
472 posts
DazTheSlug
Mizuno Ascend
Nov 2014
12:35pm, 13 Nov 2014
3795 posts
CStar
+1 for the Mizunos. Had mine for a couple of years and they are excellent for mixed terrain - bit of road, trail and slippery off road. Great for wet Park Run for example.

I have a cheap pair of real mud plugging shoes for the occasional XC that need them, but wouldn't want to run more than a few hundree yards on the road in them.
Nov 2014
1:41pm, 13 Nov 2014
5670 posts
The_Saint
Inov8 Roclite, accept no inferior alternative
Nov 2014
2:24pm, 13 Nov 2014
9250 posts
Liliaicha
Scott Kinabalus - great shoe! My shoe of choice for NDW100, which is a total mix of all kinds of surfaces.
Dec 2014
11:16pm, 4 Dec 2014
17 posts
Fragile Do Not Bend
Just thought I'd say thanks for your help everyone. I decided on Inov8 but went for Trailrocs in the end as I read somewhere that they were roomier in the toe box than Roclites (though I couldn't find confidmation of that).

I like them a lot, they fit well, I've only slid a tiny amount in the worst mud I've found, plenty of grip on wet leaves and wet roads. Water seems to drain out well - that "ew, cold wet toes" feeling doesn't last long!

My only gripe is the laces are a bit short, with only just enough length to tie a bow, and have come undone once so I think I'll replace them with elastic ones.
Dec 2014
11:19pm, 4 Dec 2014
9360 posts
Dvorak
Happy new blueshoesblueshoes :-)
Dec 2014
11:50pm, 4 Dec 2014
4599 posts
Badger
Sounds good, enjoy.
I'm a big fan of elastic laces generally, but if you're running in sticky mud you might be better off with standard laces, because they won't stretch far enough to let the mud suck the shoe off your foot...

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fragile Do Not Bend
Hopelessly confused about all the types of running shoes out there!

Most of my running is on the ...

Close