Shoes (again!) - recommendations for long and rocky

8 watchers
Jun 2013
12:59pm, 18 Jun 2013
14,387 posts
  •  
flanker
Can't get on with merino either. Far too itchy close to the skin.

Tops-wise the best base layer I have ever had is a £9 Aldi l/s compression top. Supremely comfortable, remarkably windproof and warm when wet. Perfect. I now only wear it for long ultras as I'm scared of wearing it out!
Jun 2013
8:42pm, 23 Jun 2013
4,776 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Just as a comment, I wore my new mudclaws to go up helvellyn yesterday. They were superb. Even wet rock up swirall edge.

They were just brilliant coming down. And I thought they were comfortable even on the track/road back to glenridding. I did only wear them for 2 hrs though
Jun 2013
5:10pm, 24 Jun 2013
156 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Gav, just realised that the latest edition of Trail Running reviews 53 different models of trail shoes ! Not an in depth review of each shoe, just a one para summary, may be useful in narrowing things down a bit ?
Do you have Trail Running issue 14, if not I can scan the pages and email to you ?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Sorry to start yet another thread on a topic that's probably been covered a million times and to wh...