Shoes!

3 watchers
Mar 2014
9:30am, 18 Mar 2014
15,583 posts
  •  
DeeGee
To be fair, what I'm after is not dissimilar to Frobes' request.

Fast Road Marathon, I'm fine with my Brooks ST5
LSR mileage, non-target road marathons: NB860 or Brooks Vapor 10
Muddy Off-Road marathon, technical terrain: Mizuno Wave Harrier or I'm trying some Saucony Xodus
It's the Pitsford Waters of this world, or the summer Hardmoors races, where I'm not needing claws, but where I get no real benefit from the super support of the New Balance or Vapor because the running surface is not pancake flat.

I'll give the rides a go, and if they're no good, I've only lost 35 quid.
Mar 2014
9:43am, 18 Mar 2014
14,572 posts
  •  
hellen
for £35 they are worth a try, I got hubby some off wiggle going cheap a while back now, he doenst run much and previously just wore whatever was going cheap, he really likes them, he has the boring black though.

I have used the rides for GrimReaper 70 which is prob about 20% road in the summer and fairly flat, they were fine but the Gorun ultras would prob have been better as there was one very muddy bit so some extra grip would have been nice. Trail shoes would have been too much as there was a lot of tarmac and I hate trail shoes on tarmac. The new Gorun ultra is a good all round shoe but prob not for technical terrain in the mud. The one you have got is light and good for fast marathons as well as LSR

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Time for me to buy some running shoes. I want to cut down on the amount of shoes I have, so am afte...