Shoe prices

7 watchers
Feb 2013
12:17pm, 21 Feb 2013
1,067 posts
  •  
wiener dog
I get well over a thousand ( usually 1500+ ) out of cheap old Nike Pegasus ( often in the sale or even the teenage boys version to save the vat! - but I do have smallish feet 5's )

A man in the running told me once that I must only wear the ladies version of shoes 'cos they are 'geder specific' ( they were also £30 more! ) I ignored him - the shoes felt the same, fitted the same & lasted about 1500 miles, they cost me £27!

I know some shoes don't last long though & I've noticed with Lunafly's chunks of rubber fall off the sole sooner than peg's.
Feb 2013
3:34pm, 25 Feb 2013
1,798 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
The first pair of 'proper' running shoes I bought I had to get the men's version as they didn't have the women's in my size - the sales assistant (and it was in a running shop) told me there was no difference at all, apart from the colour - so I reckon you're right to ignore that pitch!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Da Big Guy
Is it just me or has the price of trainers (Asics specifically) gone up an awful lot? 6 months ago I...