Shoe Help

1 watcher
Mar 2012
11:55am, 5 Mar 2012
336 posts
  •  
Kenny_Boy
So... I seem to have a touch of runner's knee because my shiny new Asics Gel 1170 are stopping my left foot pronating as much as it would like (all established with clever coach chappy with camera-treadmil-etc gubbins (not the technical terms admittedly...)).

QUESTION - would I be a thorough berk to try switching to Brooks T7s for mara training and running VLM or does the congregation think they're too lightweight for a sub 4 hours mara. They feel great on lower mileages but i'm wandering if i'm asking for trouble in a mara.

I thank you!
Mar 2012
12:07pm, 5 Mar 2012
11,887 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I did a marathon in ST5s last year- they can't be much heavier.
Whatever you feel comfy in. Shoe makers like to categorise their shoes to help you choose, but you shouldn't feel confined to the their predicted uses.
Mar 2012
12:13pm, 5 Mar 2012
11,184 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Might it be worth testing them out this weekend on your long run? I can't see that you'll do any huge damage, and you're far enough from the start line to practice with things like this.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kendo!
So... I seem to have a touch of runner's knee because my shiny new Asics Gel 1170 are stopping my ...