shoe crisis!!!

2 watchers
Apr 2012
7:12pm, 2 Apr 2012
47 posts
  •  
olde english
lost all confidence in my shoe buying ability. any advice from people much appreciated. i ve been happy in the same brands for a while but all the updates dont agree with me. very annoying.

quick shoe history (im quite nippy on my day and under pronate) -moved out of my nike glides last yr after the last update started providing to much support (blame them for my shin issues). my adidas bostons are to darned narrow (i have quite fat feet). love my adios's to race in and got new pretty coloured wide pair on their way. do have nike vomeros for my long runs, but they just feel clunky now i m getting my pace back.

thinking maybe MIZUNO WAVE PRECISION's, anybody with wide feet out there who have done a few miles in these?
Apr 2012
7:19pm, 2 Apr 2012
454 posts
  •  
betty baboon
I always thought Vomeros were for neutral runners? I used to run in them, but also found them clunky....have now switched to Pegasus.

I should add though that I am definitely not nippy and don't have particularly wide feet.
Apr 2012
12:34pm, 3 Apr 2012
39 posts
  •  
Vicky W
I have wide feet too - but no pace! - and have started using Mizunos (wave rider).

However, the outside of my feet still hurt on occasion, which I'm told may be a sign that my trainers are still too tight.

I've been recommended the New Balance range because apparently they come in wider sizes.
Apr 2012
12:40pm, 3 Apr 2012
18,266 posts
  •  
Maclennane
get some Mizuno Mushas. Everybody who gets them loves them, they're light, and fit my broad plates.
Apr 2012
7:01pm, 3 Apr 2012
48 posts
  •  
olde english
tried on some mushas today, nice bit bit of room for my flippers. think im going to commit. just trawling the interweb to see if if there's any out there for a good price yes. + will end up with some new balance as i won a voucher for a free pair, may use that for a sporadic use minamilst pair. cheers
Apr 2012
7:11pm, 3 Apr 2012
18,388 posts
  •  
ogee
Wide feet here as well. I wear Mizuno Wave Riders for the road & Mizuno Wave Ascend for trail runs. Mizunos are cracking shoes for the wider footed runner.
Apr 2012
9:08pm, 3 Apr 2012
18 posts
  •  
Hertford Tiger
New Balance was recommended to me as feet on the wide side but now happily run in Mizunos
Apr 2012
9:09pm, 3 Apr 2012
12,792 posts
  •  
Fenland Runner
Nike Free are my general shoe of choice.
Apr 2012
9:33pm, 3 Apr 2012
6,775 posts
  •  
Caterpillar
New Balance come in width fittings.
OJ
Apr 2012
9:28am, 4 Apr 2012
86 posts
  •  
OJ
I was going to post my own thread but as this one is a bit similar, I hope you don't mind me hijacking.

Any recommendations for runners needing a wider toe box/forefoot area but a fairly light and responsive shoe.

I loved Mizuno Wave Inspire 6s but now cannot get them for love or money. The updates and all other Mizuno stability shoes I've tried feel heavy and especially heavily weighted in the heel (forcing a heel strike if you know what I mean). As I've got faster over the last year or so, my gait has shifted forward and I've started to really appreciate a shoe that feels more light and cushioned.

In my new shoes (Saucony Hurricane 14s), a niggle with a tight sacro-illiac has finally gone and they feel so much lighter. BUT. My feet are shredded. Absolutely shredded as they're too narrow.

I've previously tried and experienced massive blisters on the forefoot in Brooks Adrenaline, Asics 2130...When I first started running and was a stone heavier I wore New Balance but they were like housebricks and I don't want to go there again.

About This Thread

Maintained by olde english
lost all confidence in my shoe buying ability. any advice from people much appreciated. i ve been ha...