Shoe Advice

2 watchers
Dec 2014
6:33am, 2 Dec 2014
38 posts
  •  
SVrunner
I am considering changing from Nike Pegasus to Asics Gel Cumulus (15 or 16)
A long time Pegasus runner, my current 29's are coming to the end of their life, so looking to replace in early new year.
I have never run in Asics shoes before but recently tried a pair of Cumulus 16's on in Sweatshop. After a quick run on the treadmill they felt quite comfortable.
As a neutral runner with no under or over pronation would the Cumulus be a good shoe? Has any one else moved from Nike to Asics? How have you got on with them? The easiest thing would be to stick with Pegasus but not sure how I would get on with the current 31's compared with the 29's, as they seem to make so many changes now, Model to model.
Any advice or thoughts gratefully received.
Dec 2014
7:48am, 2 Dec 2014
99 posts
  •  
thuginasuit
I am a neutral runner and have never used Nike but have had 3 pairs of Cumulus been very happy with all of them. I have just bought a pair of Nimbus 15 from Sweatshop at half price to replace my old Nimbus which have just started to hole on the upper after over 1000 injury free miles.
Dec 2014
8:54am, 2 Dec 2014
3,319 posts
  •  
Doctor K
I would say stick with what you know, based on my bitter experience.
Dec 2014
6:24am, 4 Dec 2014
39 posts
  •  
SVrunner
Thuginasuit, 1000 miles is very impressive, may have to delay my purchase, only just coming up to 500 in the Pegasus 29's

Dr K, was that injury related, or cost, or both?
Dec 2014
8:24am, 4 Dec 2014
1,610 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
I'd also advise sticking with what you know. Messing around with shoes has cost me several injuries in the past so if you have something that you get on well with then I wouldn't change. I bet you could even get a pair or 2 of 29s if you search around on the web.
Dec 2014
12:05pm, 15 Dec 2014
2,093 posts
  •  
Hackett
Asics Nimbus are the best trainers I have worn. If you make the jump to Asics just give them another go on the treadmill ..
Dec 2014
12:52pm, 15 Dec 2014
30,167 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I went from Asics to Nike as I had problems with Asics
Dec 2014
9:00pm, 24 Dec 2014
101 posts
  •  
fazmo
I went from Cumulus after several pairs to Pegasus. I'm not keen on my current 30s as they feel clumpy but I believe the 31s are better so will be looking for some in the sales

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by SVrunner
I am considering changing from Nike Pegasus to Asics Gel Cumulus (15 or 16)
A long time Pegasus run...