Shin splints - cricketer!

1 watcher
May 2012
9:40pm, 28 May 2012
566 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
OK - cricketer rather than runner, but you guys ar the ones I know, so asking you for help.
My 14 year old daughter, a keen cricketer, admitted this evening on the way to nets that her left shin has been hurting for a while now. She's a right handed bowler so her left leg is the one she plants hard in her bowling stride. Clearly ideally she'd rest for a while but,
she captains Leicestershire Women's U15s and they have a game tomorrow. She opens the bowling so can expect to bowl 8 overs.
To some extent more importantly, she's been selected for the England Women's Development Programme U15 Competition which takes place Wed to Fri next week. She also has a county match next Tuesday immediately before the EWDP competition.
So question is, how to manage this?
Ice and rest where possible, ibuprofen gel, but for the match tomorrow is there anything else she can do, and are there any other suggestions for treatment?
Thanks!
May 2012
9:23am, 29 May 2012
223 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I know a lot of runners swear by compression socks to help with this.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by ThorntonRunner
OK - cricketer rather than runner, but you guys ar the ones I know, so asking you for help.
My 14 y...