Shin pain

2 watchers
Sep 2011
10:24am, 26 Sep 2011
11,334 posts
  •  
hellen
When I had a massage I noticed my shin hurt a bit, this was about a month ago. I also noticed when I used the fitball at the gym and did an exercise with my shin on top it hurt a bit.

It doesnt hurt running, the only time I feel it is if I run my finger down the front of my shin. first noticed it a couple of months ago

The only other time I have felt it was a few days ago lying in bed , a little bit of pain came on then went, lasted just a few seconds.

Being the injury queen I am a bit paranoid about it but it seems too minor to go to the fizz for.

Any suggestions, I looked up shin splints and it doesnt sound like that but worried if this is how they start, although it has been like this a couple of months
Sep 2011
10:31am, 26 Sep 2011
549 posts
  •  
Spidey fun
it does sound like the start of shin splints lol. ive had this injury a few times in my 20 year running spell. normal gained from treating every training run as a race,the wrong trainers n not enough weight training/wobble board. i suggest rest,ice n rocking forwards n backwards one legged on a wobble board. has always worked for Spidey :)
Sep 2011
11:04am, 26 Sep 2011
28,597 posts
  •  
Hendo
What a strange place to put a "lol"
Sep 2011
2:35pm, 26 Sep 2011
11,340 posts
  •  
hellen
hey hendo, good to see you!

You say it sounds like the start of shin splints but it has been there for a couple of months now and not really progressed
Sep 2011
11:36pm, 26 Sep 2011
554 posts
  •  
Spidey fun
shin splints can be like that and then it suddenly grabs you. when u run your fingers down your shins does it feel like broken up tissue? i im trying not to lol too qiuckly for Bagpuss ;)
Sep 2011
7:29am, 27 Sep 2011
11,346 posts
  •  
hellen
It feels a bit lumpy but is the same as the other side which doesn't hurt at all

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
When I had a massage I noticed my shin hurt a bit, this was about a month ago. I also noticed when ...