Share Threads On Twitter

3 watchers
Jan 2013
10:50pm, 15 Jan 2013
12,291 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Aside from the obvious reasons already covered, ie to help raise awareness of the site, people do like to share things they like with their friends. You just have to look at the number of links you see on threads to the Daily Mail, YouTube, and other running sites, shops, races etc.

As for it being some sort of corporate overlord thing, I can assure you, aside from the adverts themselves, and the software that measures the volume of traffic on the site, both of which have been in place since day 1, my employers have not enforced any policies on me whatsoever. So long as the site does well, of course, I'm free to get on with it. I just thought it was useful.
Jan 2013
11:04pm, 15 Jan 2013
1,201 posts
  •  
CStar
Oh no, sorry Lord Fetch. You have made many wonderful things happen to this site (it's existence for a start) but I love the relative anonymity of it.

Don't like this at all. I want to be able to vent freely without thinking that it might end up in the real world. Yes I know anyone can log on and read it, but there is safety in the white noise of all the threads. And let's be honest, what normal person would come on here anyway? ;-)
Jan 2013
10:03am, 16 Jan 2013
8,089 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
For da record, I don't mind about other people linking to threads IN WHICH I feature. I just wouldn't link to them myself because then it's fairly obvious that Keefy Beefy is me, and then it's a short step to my blog and something bad like me getting fired, divorced, or people just crossing the road to avoid me :-)
Jan 2013
10:04am, 16 Jan 2013
8,090 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Think about it, in decades time I might still be on here and my daughter could come across my blog. Scary thought!
Jan 2013
10:39am, 16 Jan 2013
17,940 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
and THAT picture of you in the gallery with the whipped cream and loafer!
Jan 2013
11:03am, 16 Jan 2013
8,092 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Good night though wasn't it, Chiefy?
Jan 2013
4:29pm, 16 Jan 2013
6,806 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
It is the zeitgeist that nothing you do has been done unless it is shared on FB, twitter, Pintrest, instagram. I won't be surprised if the next public loo I use has a button above the urinal so you can tweet "I've just taken a piss and shared it on twitter"
Feb 2020
10:54pm, 2 Feb 2020
15,983 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Has the twitter link disappeared?
Feb 2020
3:50pm, 3 Feb 2020
23,312 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I think it went quite a long time ago - this thread was last posted on in 2013 :-)
Feb 2020
3:56pm, 3 Feb 2020
25,428 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I had no idea Twitter was so advanced you can share piss, and that was 7 years ago.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
You can now share threads on Twitter. If you want. I'm about to share this thread, just to test it,...