Shakespeare Marathon and Half Marathon 2014

9 watchers
Apr 2014
5:56pm, 25 Apr 2014
13,255 posts
  •  
Jigs
...I take that comment back about the Park and ride, it doesn't start until 9:30 on Sundays.
Apr 2014
7:48pm, 25 Apr 2014
3,275 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
I have altered my MP to 9MM.

As you were.
Apr 2014
7:57pm, 25 Apr 2014
2,971 posts
  •  
ndellar
I will be spectating, - as some of the Stourbridge massive are running; it's a very local marathon for the club. Will give you shouts if I see you. Good luck!
Apr 2014
8:11pm, 25 Apr 2014
496 posts
  •  
Removed
[Removed by moderator]
Apr 2014
8:18pm, 25 Apr 2014
2 posts
  •  
willdowney
I am picking my race pack up on the day and never been there before

can someone advise where to park please and if I need to bring change to pay

thanks
Apr 2014
9:05pm, 25 Apr 2014
2,621 posts
  •  
clare1976
Hi folks, as Jigs said, I'm afraid that's what you have to pay to park in a tourist town, it's the same all the time and the race organisers can't control it - I'm sure they could issue parking passes to all competitors but it would no doubt cost them a fortune and take monies away from the charities which the organisers (Rotary) donate to with any funds they make from the race - or they would bump up the entry fee for everybody to cover it. I did the Big 10k race here in Sept and for that too we had to pay town centre parking. The race info on the website which is there to read prior to entering does make it clear. I hope after the race you will agree that the great location for the start / finish and the race itself makes it worth paying the premium parking rates.

Willdowney, the parking details are on the website - I think under the FAQs and / or 'useful info for runners' - something like £4 for 4 hours in the main ones - the riverside is the most convenient for the finish and should be space, but plenty of car parks are signposted around town with vols of available spaces. From memory you will need coins for the machines, certainly on the riverside.
Apr 2014
9:10pm, 25 Apr 2014
2,622 posts
  •  
clare1976
And re the hills, for the HM, just a small one at about 4m which I don't really remember, main one at 8m, but goes down after the up. Mainly flat though. Weather forecast seems to be changing by the day - now showing poss showers from the start, but temp looks good and wind fairly light, although has switched from west to east so now against us down the greenway, but light enough that it shouldn't be an issue. Won't take it too seriously until tmrw evening.
Apr 2014
11:31pm, 25 Apr 2014
2,624 posts
  •  
clare1976
Just found (and retweeted) a pic of the medal on twitter, it's amazing :-) medal
Apr 2014
5:24pm, 26 Apr 2014
497 posts
  •  
Removed
[Removed by moderator]
Apr 2014
7:36pm, 26 Apr 2014
3,279 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
Looking forward tomorrow. Unfortunately due to a niggly cold I'll not be racing this but just a slow long run.

Pleased the medal is a cracker. Don't normally get anything after a long run so this will make a change.

About This Thread

Maintained by Johnny Blaze
I just entered. My first race in two years.

*gulp*