sensible or wuss?

3 watchers
Oct 2012
10:15am, 15 Oct 2012
1,207 posts
  •  
clairster
sounds like you need new socks...your old ones could just be too old by now...and resting becuase you need something to heal isnt being a wuss!
Oct 2012
10:18am, 15 Oct 2012
9,210 posts
  •  
Pootle
Pop it with a needle at the top and bottom, then underneath the floppy skin that was previously filled with liquid inject some iodine. Is what ultra runners do, apparently...
Oct 2012
10:19am, 15 Oct 2012
9,211 posts
  •  
Pootle
Also, bating your feet in surgical spirit will harden the skin, but then I'm not sure that is a very good idea. My chiropodist has always told me hard skin actually causes blisters...
Oct 2012
10:58am, 15 Oct 2012
255 posts
  •  
Action Jen
I said to my husband that I should use electrical tape to hope the compeed on and he laughed at me. It is nice to know that I am not the only person who does not get on with compeed!

I am not sure I can stand bathing my feed in surgical spirit - the smell of it makes me pass out!!!

My socks could need replacing - that didn't occur to me, they don't look too bad, but maybe that is the case!
Oct 2012
11:04am, 15 Oct 2012
1,262 posts
  •  
Andreia
if you need something to help the compeed stay put and you are allergic to tape, how about bandage? its cotton, works really well if you cover the areas a couple of times and use a safety pin to hold it in place, just make sure its not in a place under the foot,
Oct 2012
11:20am, 15 Oct 2012
256 posts
  •  
Action Jen
I will try the bandage idea, hopefully it won't be blister encouraging as it is a lot softer than the tape is!
Oct 2012
11:21am, 15 Oct 2012
788 posts
  •  
Mick n Phil
Jen

the Vaseline King here :)

if it were me, id have antiseptically popped the blister, and get it to dry best u can - and lightly antiseptially cream it for a day or two

many years ago in my hey day :) - i used to suffer bad with blisters and chaffing

vaseline ( for me ) almost 100 % prevents it

sorry i cannot be of more help
Oct 2012
1:09pm, 15 Oct 2012
257 posts
  •  
Action Jen
I think popping seems to be the answer. I don't think I could hack the pain from putting in iodine as well!!
Oct 2012
1:12pm, 15 Oct 2012
13,926 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I always thought that compeed was to help them heal. It will suck the fluid out and keep the blister clean and padded whilst it heals up. Wont be much good when you are actually running though, as you have obviously found out.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
After my half marathon last sunday I got a wopper of a blister, so I compeeded it and then put micro...