Senior Moments - log them here

162 watchers
Jul 2021
8:53am, 21 Jul 2021
2,310 posts
  •  
WtnMel
Was getting changed after my walk and couldn't find one of my toe protectors. Thought it had dropped on the floor - then wondered if it was still inside my sock. Did find it shortly afterwards, still on my toe ..
Jul 2021
9:39am, 21 Jul 2021
20,463 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Classic this morning from Mrs Axe.

She was going out to hand our washing and couldnt find the back door keys. I was in the garden last night and was last in and knew I locked up. The keys would either be in the door or on a hook near the door that we use.

I went to investigate and confirmed the door was locked and the keys were not on the hook.

I was starting to puzzle out what I had done with the keys when Mrs Axe sheepishly says 'its OK, I have the keys, they were in my hand' :-O
Jul 2021
10:48am, 21 Jul 2021
2,312 posts
  •  
WtnMel
[Bazo - that sounds familiar. Have sometimes been looking for the very thing I already have in my hand - or about my person like the 'missing' toe protector earlier]
Jul 2021
5:14pm, 21 Jul 2021
2,912 posts
  •  
Snoot
Reminder popped up that I've got my Nuffield health screening next week, now I can't remember if I've sent the blood in stool test off with or without completing it or I've thrown it away by accident, can't find it anywhere???
Jul 2021
7:06pm, 21 Jul 2021
1,833 posts
  •  
Heinzster
I lost my wallet yesterday, resigned to having to pay with my phone. Then I found the wallet in my hand.
Jul 2021
9:59pm, 21 Jul 2021
4,855 posts
  •  
quimby
Er, Snoot, there is a 3rd option to the two you mention. It's misplaced. Somewhere in the house. You're going to find it, later. Much later...
Jul 2021
10:04pm, 21 Jul 2021
4,856 posts
  •  
quimby
I just did a classic. Had a new router delivered today. The box was in shrink wrap. Went to find the scissors, took them next door to start opening the box. Noticed the bottom of the box was a bit bashed, went back to get my phone to take a photo in case of any snittyness if I have to return it. Take photo, go to remove shrink wrap; no scissors. Back to the other room, see scissors, panic that the phone is no longer on my desk in a room with a wide open window. Eyes dart around quickly at other gadgets. All there. But not my phone. Panic subsides enough for me to think about retracing my steps. Find phone. Go to remove shrink wrap. No scissors.
Jul 2021
11:00am, 22 Jul 2021
2,918 posts
  •  
Snoot
[Quimby - I’ve searched high and low for it but it may well turn up. Have rescheduled the session and ordered a new kit just in case 🤦🏻‍♂️]
Jul 2021
11:09am, 22 Jul 2021
14,057 posts
  •  
Badger
I knew exactly where my ipod touch was, and looked for it to take on a long road trip. Except apparently I didn't know exactly where it was.
Jul 2021
12:17pm, 22 Jul 2021
2,461 posts
  •  
Fitz
I love the Senior Moments thread on Fetch but I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything to top this…

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
Dropped in at the doctor's to try to arrange a Shingles Jab, which I should get at 70. the receptionist went to see the nurse and came back to inform me that I had had it in June.