self isolation watch - are you self isolating

32 watchers
Mar 2020
8:42pm, 13 Mar 2020
45,612 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I'm sure I'd be fine self-isolating, but suspect I won't be allowed to unless I'm actually ill.
Mar 2020
10:45pm, 13 Mar 2020
38,692 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Reading comments on FB about how practices are dealing with their appointments and stressing how these can be changed at any time make for sad and depressing reading - they are damned if do and damned if they don't . Don't these people realise people working in the profession are at risk too and are trying to think on their feet daily to minimise disruption

*rant over and off to bed*
Mar 2020
1:43pm, 14 Mar 2020
10,189 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I'm self-isolating, this is my second day. I've had a cough for a few days but it got noticeably worse Thursday/Friday and then the medical advice changed. I don't feel that unwell, I think it's just a bog standard chest infection and as long as I don't exert myself too much I feel OK.

I'm lucky that I have enough of most foodstuff to last 7 days. There are a couple of things that I've run out of but a kind soul is doing a shopping run for me and is going to leave them outside the house :-)

Lots of accumulated TV shows to watch but I'm going to miss walking. I normally do 4-5 miles a day so I'm expecting to feel very twitchy in a day or so!
Apr 2020
6:40pm, 3 Apr 2020
3,559 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I am adamant that I just have 'flu but NHS guidelines means that I have to self-isolate because I had a temperature. So that's me stuck indoors for a week and the rest of the family for a fortnight.

A lack of sleep and pounding headache meant that I couldn't even work from home today.
Apr 2020
8:15pm, 3 Apr 2020
10,328 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Not sure if it will be easier for you now that nearly everyone is already in lockdown or if that makes it harder?
May 2020
11:52am, 14 May 2020
3,840 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
If just read from a Carers website that the one hour exercise restriction has been lifted. I thought it was one form of exercise per day and it did not have a time limit. As my long runs have just been passing the hour, have I really been breaking the rules recently?
May 2020
12:00pm, 14 May 2020
446 posts
  •  
Non-runner
I understood that the one hour limit was just an off the cuff remark by Gove when pressed by a journalist, it has never been in the legislation.
May 2020
12:01pm, 14 May 2020
21,191 posts
  •  
ElDuderino
Don't think the 1 hour thing was ever official.(may be wrong) It was something Michael Gove came out with in an interview amongst other waffle.
May 2020
1:14pm, 14 May 2020
46,517 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
The one-hour thing preceded Gove's unauthorised number-burping, but was never official in England. I understood the original waffle to be that your single daily dose of outdoor exercise should be in line with what you were accustomed to doing, and had no qualms about doing 60-90 minutes of running since runs of that length were what I normally did on weekdays.
May 2020
1:54pm, 14 May 2020
10,519 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Blimey, it's been 2 months since I first had symptoms! And I'm *still* bloody coughing 😡

About This Thread

Maintained by Maclennane
I had my plague plan in place, I was going to head to the hills with my bivvy and basha, but here I ...