self isolation watch - are you self isolating

32 watchers
Mar 2020
11:49pm, 12 Mar 2020
9,756 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I had a bug in January I opted to work from home to prevent infecting anyone, I became worse and when I struggled breathing and walking stairs or even talking made me breathless I called the doctors for advice. I had a serious chest infection and then respiratory infection. I was given antibiotics I was too ill to even consider going anywhere

So without media and government advice I had self isolated to me it’s common sense.

As I felt better if I went out I kept distance from others and used a tissue if I coughed and antibac before I touched anything. No-one caught what I had.

I don’t get this ridiculous panic at all
Mar 2020
7:12am, 13 Mar 2020
170 posts
  •  
gribb0
Coughing since yesterday - guess I'm not going to work today!
Mar 2020
7:19am, 13 Mar 2020
799 posts
  •  
Paul N
I had a tickle in my throat on Saturday, was coughing a little on Sunday and it got progressively worse to a nadir on Wednesday. Appear to be on the mend now.

Took yesterday off, and am off on leave in any event until next Wednesday.

Advice seems to be to stay at home for 7 days from the onset of symptoms. My thoughts are that I am under house arrest until this Sunday (i.e. I can leave the house on Sunday) - am I right?
Mar 2020
7:52am, 13 Mar 2020
444 posts
  •  
blindcider
I am self-isolating but thats because I intensely dislike people rather than anything to do with Coronavirus
Mar 2020
8:20am, 13 Mar 2020
7,121 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
My wife, who I am now separated from, but we live in separate rooms of the house, claims to have a sore throat which is an early symptom.

Needless to say she is still commuting 2 hours each way to work in London and doesn’t want any help if she has to start self-isolating.
Mar 2020
1:06pm, 13 Mar 2020
349 posts
  •  
Non-runner
Lol Blindcider! I have had a bug this week and self-isolated and realised that it’s what I do anyway...
jda
Mar 2020
2:35pm, 13 Mar 2020
6,615 posts
  •  
jda
Perhaps the antisocial geeks will inherit the earth :-)
Mar 2020
2:36pm, 13 Mar 2020
4,205 posts
  •  
FreshStart
I've been working from home more and loving it :-)
jda
Mar 2020
2:43pm, 13 Mar 2020
6,616 posts
  •  
jda
Business as usual for me. Videoconference on Wednesday night, a bit of emailing, last time I tried to meet a colleague face to face I spent all day in a train and they’d gone home ill by the time I arrived!
Mar 2020
8:17pm, 13 Mar 2020
197 posts
  •  
Hunkyteddy
i hope I don't have to self isolate but if I have to, I have to, there are worse things. I have a garden to sit in, I can keep fit by running up stairs and doing squats, burpees, planks etc and I have a pile of books I keep meaning to read and DVDs I've yet to watch.
See you all the other side!

About This Thread

Maintained by Maclennane
I had my plague plan in place, I was going to head to the hills with my bivvy and basha, but here I ...