Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Seeing a doctor when on holiday

1 watcher
Aug 2013
7:43am, 10 Aug 2013
8082 posts
Gymfreak
Is it possible?

My tonsils are taking over my entire mouth and have lumps on so think I might need antibiotics as they are getting worse rather than better.

I'm currently away in Scotland cycling around 100m a day which probably isn't helping proceedings.

Anyone know if there's anything I can do or do I just live with it. I don't want to get properly ill and have to come home yet :(
Aug 2013
8:00am, 10 Aug 2013
1967 posts
ChrisThePuma
pretty sure you can just walk in and get an emergency "sit and wait" appointment in most places.
Aug 2013
8:30am, 10 Aug 2013
2470 posts
Wobbling
Yep, as Chris says, you can turn up at a surgery and been seen as an emergency.
Aug 2013
8:36am, 10 Aug 2013
5729 posts
LouLou
Phone NHS 24 when you get to Edinburgh and they should tell you where nearest out of hours GP is and organise for you to be seen. On a weekday, you could probably show up at any GP surgery and they would try and get you a temporary resident appointment.
Aug 2013
8:58am, 10 Aug 2013
69482 posts
santababy
crikey, if its tonsillitis no wonder you feel shit. Try what Lou says, think we were sent to Hospital to see out of hours guy last time, not A&E though, different bit

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gymfreak
Is it possible?

My tonsils are taking over my entire mouth and have lumps on so think I might nee...

Close