sealskinz Thin socklet

1 watcher
Aug 2013
5:44pm, 30 Aug 2013
986 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
I am wondering whether to invest 20 of my English pounds on a pair of these - hoping they will keep my tootsies a bit more dry and toastie than they normally are on the fells in the cold and wet....

worried they won't feel comfy :-/
Aug 2013
5:49pm, 30 Aug 2013
26,886 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
They're not like normal socks (in comparison, they're a bit like wearing bags on your feet), but I wear thin Sealskinz a lot in the winter, for hiking and cycling, and absolutely love them.
Aug 2013
6:02pm, 30 Aug 2013
987 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
And that is all I need to know! I have a £10 voucher for Bourne Sports so they'll only cost me a tenner :-) skips off to spend my winnings ;-)

Might need them if a certain race isn't filled by the time I'm home Sunday :-)
Aug 2013
7:21pm, 30 Aug 2013
255 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Had 2 or 3 pairs, and always had wet feet on first use. A few others I know experienced the same, but then heard plenty others say only good things

Prefer a merino wool sock if feet are going to get wet
Aug 2013
7:58pm, 30 Aug 2013
988 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
I use merino wool socks now but I get chilblains really bad and thought wet feet get colder than dry feet... :-/

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I am wondering whether to invest 20 of my English pounds on a pair of these - hoping they will keep ...