•  
GlennR
Very nice. Do you have a collection?
Jun 2020
9:59am, 5 Jun 2020
27,039 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
No. I read the word Fritware somewhere else and had no idea what it meant.
Jun 2020
1:02pm, 5 Jun 2020
50,406 posts
  •  
GlennR
An apple-loving pet skunk is on the loose:

cambridge-news.co.uk
Jun 2020
1:27pm, 5 Jun 2020
50,410 posts
  •  
GlennR
Some thought-provoking stuff about the susceptible proportion of the population:

unherd.com
Jun 2020
2:14pm, 5 Jun 2020
19,882 posts
  •  
Dvorak
(Had Deedee the skunk possibly just had enough of appallingly waistcoated hipsters? Still, she provides a different from usual reply to the common Cambridge enquiry.)
Jun 2020
5:18pm, 6 Jun 2020
27,073 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
That last unherd article is very good, entirely plausible. Take the case of my OH, never had any symptoms, she's NHS, never had enough PPE early on, no testing early on also. At one point, last March/early April, 30% of staff self isolating/off ill.....finally last week, after a considerable wait, she got her antibody test, positive, as some point she was almost certainly exposed to the virus. In fact she last treated 2 known covid patients (children), last week.

I re-iterate, at no point as she had symptoms! I am assuming, after spending the last 10 weeks with her (we considered splitting the house, but thought, it's coming our way given the situation back in March, regarding PPE and testing), I am almost certainly been exposed to the virus as well. A guess would be, as a peadiatrician OH is exposed to as many viruses as you care to shake a stick at, and by extension, so have I.
Jun 2020
1:48am, 7 Jun 2020
50,432 posts
  •  
GlennR
Northern gannet found on Norfolk trampoline:

bbc.co.uk
Jun 2020
7:58am, 7 Jun 2020
49,549 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Which Fetchie is that about?

About This Thread

Maintained by GlennR
I often make notes when reading of things that I'd like to come back to later on, perhaps to su...

Hummus recipe:

Proper hummus is served with a drizzle of olive oil, rather than oil being a significant ingredient in its own right. This is what should go in it:

• 1½ cups cooked chickpeas or 1 (15-ounce) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed*
• 3 tablespoons tahini
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 garlic clove, mashed
• ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
• Approximately 2-4 tablespoons room-temperature water or aquafaba, or more if needed
• Optional garnishes: extra virgin olive oil, sumac or paprika, finely chopped parsley or other herbs, whole chickpeas

This particular recipe from thymeandtoast.com but it’s typical of the Middle Eastern way of making it.