Scottish Runners 2017

56 watchers
Dec 2017
7:14pm, 5 Dec 2017
4,094 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
I think that’s a scam one, sure I saw a post on FB, will see if I can find it again
Dec 2017
7:17pm, 5 Dec 2017
4,095 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Yup definitely a scam. Search for it in the “running friends Scotland” group there’s a few posts
Dec 2017
7:24pm, 5 Dec 2017
529 posts
  •  
princesszee
Thanks guys. I don’t have Facebook but looks like it is a scam, will phone credit card company tomorrow. What a pain.
Dec 2017
7:25pm, 5 Dec 2017
4,096 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Did you book through “bookitbee”? They were apparently emailing people about it
Dec 2017
7:27pm, 5 Dec 2017
14,889 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Given that there seems to be nothing on their FB pages from real people (or even fake people) and no mention anywhere of the supposedly held Sheffield and Birmingham events (the Birmingham one having been supposedly in Sutton Park, London),' and their internet domain is up for grabs, I think it stinks like a week-old fish. Sorry, princesszee.

(According to FB, they are very responsive and reply to messages within an hour, so maybe message via FB?)
Dec 2017
7:48pm, 5 Dec 2017
530 posts
  •  
princesszee
Yeah I did book it through bookitbee but didn’t read the email I got in August properly. What a numpty I am. It wasn’t an expensive one but sad that people get conned out of money x
Dec 2017
8:53pm, 5 Dec 2017
1,987 posts
  •  
FergusG
Looks like the same folks that had a previous scam catch out another Fetchie this year. Aside from the Running Clinic being a shower of crooks, it’s also a bit sh*t that Bookitbee are still taking bookings for them.

fetcheveryone.com/forum__59806__1__is_the_race_to_the_summit_glasgow_to_ben_nevis_race_a_scam

May be worth fmailing tricialitt from the above thread and see if/how she got a refund?
Dec 2017
11:54am, 7 Dec 2017
324 posts
  •  
Nessie
There was a thread on RW a while back about Running Clinic "events". Total scam. Credit card might be your best/quickest means of refund.
Dec 2017
10:15pm, 9 Dec 2017
531 posts
  •  
princesszee
Thanks everyone. Spoke to my credit card company and should get it back. So sad that people get done. Did Livi parkrun today and gonna spend the day at Edinburgh Xmas markets instead.
zp
Dec 2017
8:03pm, 24 Dec 2017
306 posts
  •  
zp
A merry Xmas eve all :)

I'm in Crieff for a few days next week - does anyone know of any (off road) walking/running in the area that's suitable for Winter? Can drive a b

About This Thread

Maintained by Duchess
Somewhere to blether about all things to do with Scottish running and races. Or just Scotland.

There are 31 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Alness, Aviemore, Ayr, Camperdown, Drumchapel, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Elgin, Ellon, Falkirk, Ganavan Sands, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Linwood, Livingston, Montrose, Perth, Pollok, Portobello, Ruchill, Springburn, St Andrews, Stonehaven, Strathclyde, Tollcross, Victoria and Vogrie.

parkrun.org.uk