Scottish Runners 2017

56 watchers
Dec 2017
12:22pm, 2 Dec 2017
2,022 posts
  •  
IanS
Sorry M_N we had a change of plan (running parkrun in the morning and an ultra in the afternoon probably wasn't the best idea I'd ever had :-) )
Dec 2017
9:35am, 4 Dec 2017
27,860 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
How was Plean Ally? Quite close for me too. Is it a muddy, hilly one or a fast and flat?

Ian, good to see you yesterday. Thanks for all your hard work on the Pentlands 7R race. What a fab day it was! :-) G
Dec 2017
1:47pm, 4 Dec 2017
2,023 posts
  •  
IanS
Thanks :-)G but it was M&J and the rest of the team who did all the hard work, I just rocked up at the end and put a few numbers in a spreadsheet :-)
Dec 2017
6:01pm, 4 Dec 2017
176 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Plean is up and down, very little flat, more like a cross country, it's a figure of eight I think, with a big lap and a small lap, a few short sections you do twice, it's one of rather best I've done, done about twenty in Scotland.
Dec 2017
7:55pm, 4 Dec 2017
177 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Rather best? What happened there? šŸ’©

Plean is harder than Falkirk, up there with Ganavan Sands and Stonehaven as the hardest imho.
Dec 2017
10:47pm, 4 Dec 2017
3,374 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Have you done Drumchapel Ally-C? It has a reputation for hills too I hear. So far I am a bit of a wimp, have missed most of the tough ones, only managing Falkirk of your list while Drum is the only Glasgow one I've yet to run. Not done Camperdown either.
Dec 2017
10:50pm, 4 Dec 2017
26,425 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Camperdown was one I did a couple of years ago when I first started running and felt the hill at the end was a bugger....maybe I wouldn't feel quite like that now.....eh maybe I would
Dec 2017
10:53pm, 4 Dec 2017
14,880 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I believe he hasn't (ok I looked it up ;-)). Until you have tackled the absolute beast that is Drumchapel, opinion on the hardest must be reserved, I think.

Although ... I haven't run Plean in an event, or at anything more than a recreational pace. I might find it as tough as Drumchapel, but that would be due to its x-c type nature vs firm paths.
Dec 2017
6:39pm, 5 Dec 2017
528 posts
  •  
princesszee
Has anyone signed up for the ā€œwomenā€™s winter run 10kā€ in Edinburgh this weekend? I signed up in June and canā€™t find any details on it now and for some reason I get the feeling itā€™s a scam.
Dec 2017
6:58pm, 5 Dec 2017
25,268 posts
  •  
JulesR
Thereā€™s a Facebook page with 115 ā€˜goingā€™ on Sunday - looks authentic enough (even if they canā€™t spell ā€˜prizesā€™).

About This Thread

Maintained by Duchess
Somewhere to blether about all things to do with Scottish running and races. Or just Scotland.

There are 31 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Alness, Aviemore, Ayr, Camperdown, Drumchapel, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Elgin, Ellon, Falkirk, Ganavan Sands, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Linwood, Livingston, Montrose, Perth, Pollok, Portobello, Ruchill, Springburn, St Andrews, Stonehaven, Strathclyde, Tollcross, Victoria and Vogrie.

parkrun.org.uk