Scottish Runners 2015

61 watchers
Nov 2015
6:48pm, 27 Nov 2015
18 posts
  •  
tebberen
RUN MUMMY RUN & HAZLEHEAD PARKRUN

From this Saturday, November 28th, Hazlehead parkrun will be one of 10 trial locations in the UK to have a buddy from the Run Mummy Run (RMR) online community.

A RMR Run Buddy is a volunteer that will provide a friendly face and a warm welcome for women and families at parkrun.

The run buddy for Hazlehead parkrun will be Gillian Van Tebberen who is one of the most regular volunteers at Hazlehead.

The aim of the RMR link with parkrun is to:

- Encourage more women and children to attend parkrun, especially those who have never run before and/or are inactive.

- Encourage more women and children to regularly participate in parkrun.

- To build and contribute to insight into the barriers preventing women from in participating, and developing further solutions to overcome these.

This is a trial and will last until the end of February. Gillian as the RMR buddy will be encouraging new people to come along to Hazlehead parkrun. She will be present from 9am to welcome anyone new or returning from the RMR community.

I hope you will support Gillian and the new attendees that we may see as a result of this tie up with RMR.

Martin Fraser

Event Director

Hazlehead parkrun
Nov 2015
10:43pm, 29 Nov 2015
1,520 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
SoaPM - Porty Prom now open on EC entrycentral.com
Nov 2015
11:40am, 30 Nov 2015
25,179 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Oh crikey, don't know if I can face it again. Think it was my best WAVA for the year mind you! :-) G
Nov 2015
11:59am, 30 Nov 2015
7,697 posts
  •  
Maz Heeps
next Aberdeen Fetch mile, Sunday 13th December

Will include a bimble round town for any visitors!
Santa hats mandatory!

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=660050
Nov 2015
12:01pm, 30 Nov 2015
11,037 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Gosh G better not :-o. Don't want the year to go downhill from the start again ;)

I'm contemplating a NYD triple. Probably Pollok and Tollcross; and then there is a free 5K at Stirling Uni at 1300. my.stirling.gov.uk

And then the Livi inaugural on the second.
Nov 2015
12:15pm, 30 Nov 2015
25,182 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
It's all a bit weird this year with Christmas and nyd being Fri and box day and 2 jan being sat. We have a club box day run with mulled wine and mince pies, then a jan 2 run, 6 pubs 6 miles. These will clash with park runs. shamme.
Nov 2015
12:34pm, 30 Nov 2015
6,403 posts
  •  
Duchess
Doesn't it depend on times, :-)G - if club could be convinced to start a little later, then parkrun could come first. I feel that mulled wine and 6 pubs aren't compatible with 9.30am running....
Nov 2015
2:57pm, 30 Nov 2015
8,097 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
9:30 am running, 10:00am puking ?
Nov 2015
3:12pm, 30 Nov 2015
25,183 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Mulled wine has always been very compatible with 10am running in Harmeny. To be fair, usually not back til 11.30 or 12. And usual time is 10 because means folk can be back for 12 and not lose too much family time. I could point it out but suspect they'll stick with tradition!

The 6 pubs one is in the afternoon though, I think. :-) G
Dec 2015
4:29pm, 8 Dec 2015
8,098 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
Just as well I did not enter the Porty Promathon, as I have bridge issues. Looks like the Stirling Resolution run is a better option

About This Thread

Maintained by Triplet Dad
Upcoming races in Scotland in 2015

parkruns

There are 21 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Ayr, Camperdown, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Ellon, Falkirk, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Livingston (starts January 2016) Perth, Pollock, Portobello, Springburn, St Andrews, Strathclyde, Tollcross and Victoria.

parkrun.org.uk

If you want to see all the races in your area go to the race finder http://www.fetcheveryone.com/races-map.php