Scottish Runners 2012

83 watchers
Dec 2012
12:37pm, 29 Dec 2012
18,840 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas & Happy NewG(rrr)
Thanks Spicey. She, chocolateteapot and Big Al Widepants have all run with Ken and can all give testimony that it is easy and fun!

C'mon Fetchland, no one happen to be in or near Edinburgh or East Lothian that could do their 6-8 mile run in North Berwick, just for a change. It's only 30 mins drive out there from Edinburgh. And a windswept run finishing on the lovely beach in NB is just the thing to set you up for a late Sunday lunch.

Anyway, I'll keep checking and see who's up for it. Thanks. G
Dec 2012
1:48pm, 30 Dec 2012
2,073 posts
  •  
The Rentboy
Devilla Forest is a good race. Indeed it is not for speedsters. Plenty mud, plenty forest, i think it was an uphill start and downhill finish. They also have a Starbucks at the finish :)
Dec 2012
3:44pm, 30 Dec 2012
18,848 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas & Happy NewG(rrr)
We had a Fetchie volunteer, thanks v. much. :-)G
Dec 2012
6:37pm, 30 Dec 2012
6,790 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
I'll be running at Devilla,( entries open on the 1st), but not going to the Starbucks even if it's free. Tax dodging f***ers.
Dec 2012
9:05pm, 30 Dec 2012
6,152 posts
  •  
Dvorak
A race and an anti-capitalism protest right in front of The Filth. Fight the power. No sell out!
Dec 2012
10:18am, 31 Dec 2012
8,656 posts
  •  
Merry Xmas _andy Happy New Year
Dvorak - you bring the placards and megaphone, ok?

I'd give another big shout for Devilla 15k (not many bothered with the 5k though - and why would you when you could pop along and do the Falkirk Parkrun for free?). Although there was a weird 'ageist' thing with the prizes last year. Maybe I'll form a protest about that too.

But the Devilla 15k is very likely to sell out (I think it did for last year) so fingers at the ready tomorrow, credit cards primed...
Dec 2012
8:02pm, 31 Dec 2012
52 posts
  •  
Whiskymurray
Hmm, Scottish XC Championship at Falkirk on 23rd Feb & Devilla on 24th, could be an interesting weekend!
Jan 2013
12:57am, 1 Jan 2013
2,235 posts
  •  
TripletDad
Happy New Year to everyone running in Scotland. I've started a new thread for 2013 :-)

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=52469
Jan 2013
11:30pm, 7 Jan 2013
6,527 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Hi all,

Haven't been on thread for yonks (322 unread posts :-o) - hope you're all doing well! Just to let you all know that the Fife AC Nightmare Series edition of the Black Rock is this Thursday, 10 Jan: forum.fifeac.org Fantastic fun.
Jan 2013
8:32am, 8 Jan 2013
18,928 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
A night time run in a major estuary/sea with tankers and currents in the dark... hmm... tempting! :-)G

About This Thread

Maintained by Triplet Dad
Upcoming races in Scotland

parkruns

There are 8 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Camperdown, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Glasgow, Inverness, St Andrews and Strathclyde.

Updates will be provided if we find out any races are not going ahead.

Other races (December 2012)

Not an exhaustive list, if you want to see all the races in your area go to the race finder http://www.fetcheveryone.com/races-map.php

Add a post below if you want your name included against a race in the header or if you want a race added. Click on the link beside each race to view race details and to add race to your race portfolio.

December