Scottish Mile Challenge (sponsored by Buckfast)

62 watchers
Sep 2013
11:55pm, 23 Sep 2013
1,777 posts
  •  
HappyTimes
As much as it is though Stirling is now rather expensive the issue is booking it for sole use (which wrongly we have sometimes not had). From what I have heard/seen on the thread here the other tracks are no cheaper if not more expensive in some cases if I recall correctly.
For me the big issue is not getting enough numbers committed to the event. Just how many hundreds of fetchies live within say a 30 mile radius of Stirling/Grangemouth/Glasgow/Edinburgh and we have from a "start list" of 20ish ended up with single figures at times.
If we got 20 - 40 peole we would be looking at £1 - £2 a head.
Sep 2013
8:00am, 24 Sep 2013
7,310 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Alternatively, there are grass tracks we could use for free: one at _andy's school, one in Musselburgh, possibly others.

I'm sorry I was the one who let is slide last time - should have been more decisive and insistent after doing the doodle... :-(
Sep 2013
9:53am, 24 Sep 2013
21,049 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol, yip that's the thing guys - get a core of 12-15 mates who are guaranteed to come so at least costs are reasonable. Then you end up with 40 people and it's a party. Start with 10 hesitant Fetchies and on the day it's half a dozen and it costs a fortune.

Keep pushing guys. We'll get there! (Notice I'm not taking it on myself - how often have I been the one trying to organise these things?! Must be someone else's turn!) I'll come though! :-)G
Sep 2013
10:10am, 24 Sep 2013
69,637 posts
  •  
santababy
Let me have a look at my diary, if i can set a concrete date i'll organise ok

and it WILL be a party
Sep 2013
11:18am, 24 Sep 2013
21,055 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol sants. Yay! That's what we needed. A bit of SHOUTING AT us! :-)G
Sep 2013
12:15pm, 24 Sep 2013
10,029 posts
  •  
Llamadance
yeah, sort it out Santa ;)

if it's a party can we make it a saturday?
Sep 2013
12:27pm, 24 Sep 2013
69,638 posts
  •  
santababy
Saturday s'sure. none of these skoolnights nonsense
Sep 2013
3:34pm, 26 Sep 2013
7,498 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I enquired about Scotstoun track. I hope you are sitting down for this.

£119.80 for the first hour then £79.85 per hour. !!! Non exclusive use unlimited time per session indoor and outdoor track is £4.30 for adults and £3.20 for juveniles. :-)G had suggested the possibilty of using Scotstoun after a Victoria parkrun. I think we could rule that out?
Sep 2013
3:41pm, 26 Sep 2013
21,066 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sh*t D. Aye, stuff that. I think we should just break in to Stirling Uni and not bother booking. They don't care anyway. :-)G
Sep 2013
3:55pm, 26 Sep 2013
7,499 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I suppose if a few of us happened to be around Scotstoun anyway and fancied a mile it wouldn't be impossible (as a payg, not a hire!), no extra travel expenses and you get to run on a bright blue track. There is a kids club on so it would have to be after 1100. Maybe it could be a 2-mile challenge to get our money's worth, I bet not many have a two mile PB ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Llamadance
Next Scottish mile is:

Undecided as yet, but to move the process along, please indicate your preferred date here:

doodle.com

This is for the Summer 2013 Fetch mile. There are various venue options, including A slopey grass track in Dollar , Edinburgh, East Kilbride, Stirling and Inverness. Failing all this, you can come run the mile race at my local Highland games on 20th July :)

Easter Mile 2011 pics - facebook.com

photos from July '09:
bedlam & dd's - facebook.com
Scottnbn's - picasaweb.google.com
Lorraine's - flickr.com

Smackie's Cake Recipe - grouprecipes.com