Scotland based runs & runners

1 lurker | 85 watchers
Aug 2022
10:06am, 8 Aug 2022
32,063 posts
  •  
ElDuderino
I was at the Devils (crewing - or at least giving my brother in law a lift :) ). He didn't have the best prep for it but did well and was happy how he got on. I had a nice peaceful day and got a couple small runs in. Couldn't help notice what a great job the organisers and volunteers did throughout the route - A well oiled machine indeed.
Aug 2022
10:42am, 8 Aug 2022
46,063 posts
  •  
DocM
57.5 Days of Pain thanks for your route. I've had a lovely run in Glasgow.
Aug 2022
4:34pm, 11 Aug 2022
11,739 posts
  •  
_andy
Thanks :-)G - I had a long day at the Devil o' the Highlands. Just 2:34 shy of my PB (that's hours and minutes) which I'm delighted with. After all, even turning up for it after a grand total of 168 miles run in all of 2022 was a bit daft, so I had a nice stroll for much of the day, really enjoyed the bit after the Devil's staircase (about 22+ miles in) and then struggled with the miles 30+ towards the end (no surprises there). Best of all, my injured foot is still working (after a bit of ankle swelling initially) and hopefully the running can pick up.
Maybe time to get a few other races in the calendar.
Aug 2022
5:57pm, 11 Aug 2022
3,390 posts
  •  
STOOSH
Well done all at the Devil - a race i'd like to get back to in the future. Didn't realise you were had been injured, hope you get to steady milage again soon.
I've been a bit up and down running wise all year, so much so i feel like i've been trying to make a comeback every other week.
Aug 2022
1:52pm, 17 Aug 2022
973 posts
  •  
iaincr
great wee race on sunday if anyone looking for a run this weekend.

entrycentral.com

really friendly race, good tea and snack at end, club organised but numbers not great so far. I am sure they would appreciate any signups.

the only potential downside is the train level crossing coming down mid race which happened to me last time and had a 3 minute wait :)!
Aug 2022
11:02am, 18 Aug 2022
32,203 posts
  •  
ElDuderino
Yep agree, Cambus Quarter is a great wee race at a different distance. Really enjoyed it last year.(was fortunate to have no issues at the level crossing) Would have done it this year but got other plans.
Aug 2022
1:17pm, 18 Aug 2022
2,306 posts
  •  
Ally-C
I’ve done it’s few times, good wee race. Unfortunately doing the Forth Road Bridge 10k this weekend.
Aug 2022
1:26pm, 18 Aug 2022
25,797 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Only 50 advance entries - wonder if they'll take entries on the day. Might have a run if so (and if they'll still be at the finish after 80 minutes :-o ).

Also the Springburn Canal Canter next Wednesday evening: choice of 6K or 9K.
Aug 2022
9:21am, 19 Aug 2022
530 posts
  •  
damo_HAC
I'm off to Blackpool for the first time this weekend. Running the Fleetwood Half on Sunday, its a flat two lap course next to the sea, hoping for a calm day🤞
Aug 2022
10:51am, 19 Aug 2022
2,310 posts
  •  
Ally-C
I'm off to Blackpool for the first time this weekend. Running the Fleetwood Half on Sunday, its a flat two lap course next to the sea, hoping for a calm day🤞

I’ve ran two races at Blackpool this year, a half and a marathon. They have one of the biggest offshore wind farms in the World there for a reason😀

About This Thread

Maintained by 57.5 Days of Pain
A place to discuss all things running related in Scotland.