Scosche Rhythm+

1 watcher
Jun 2015
1:21pm, 4 Jun 2015
2,011 posts
  •  
Molesy
If anybody has one of these what has your experience been like?

I've tried wearing it on forearm, upper arm and wrist but I'm getting intermittent periods where my garmin doesn't show HR, moving the sensor slightly brings it back. Admittedly I'm wearing it on the opposite arm to my watch but I've not seen reports elsewhere of poor connections or needing to wear it on the same arm.
Jun 2015
5:41pm, 4 Jun 2015
5,106 posts
  •  
Badger
I have one. I wear it on the same arm as the watch, either just above the elbow when wearing a long sleeved top or just below in tshirt/vest.

The only time I have had dropouts was when I was wearing two watches to do a test on one of them; it was paired to both watches, but the one on the opposite arm dropped it a lot.

So I would suggest going with the same arm.
Jun 2015
8:00pm, 4 Jun 2015
2,015 posts
  •  
Molesy
That seems to work. I'm in two minds about it now though, so much for the advertised 30m range.

It's so much simpler than a chest strap but given its limitations - no running dynamics, lack of HRV/R-R data I'm inclined to send it back.
Jun 2015
9:50pm, 4 Jun 2015
543 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
have you seen the new Garmin 225? It's the first Garmin with built in Optical Heart Rate. It looks quite a convenient way to get HR.

CW
Jun 2015
11:02pm, 4 Jun 2015
5,108 posts
  •  
Badger
It's not so much the range, as that your body being in the way blocks the GHz frequencies it uses. Not surprising bearing in mind they can be blocked by an inch of water.
Also, the RR data isn't as good as a chest strap, but it's sufficiently good that, for instance, a Suunto Ambit 2 can pick out your respiration rate very accurately once your HR is up above resting, and I've found things like VO2max and recovery time to be in line with a chest strap. They reckon the next generation will be better, which I think will tempt me to upgrade.
If you want running dynamics, that's another story, indeed.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Molesy
If anybody has one of these what has your experience been like?

I've tried wearing it on forearm...