Saucony shoeses

3 watchers
Feb 2012
2:55pm, 28 Feb 2012
442 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I have some ProGrid Guide 4's on order from SportsShoes but they haven't arrived yet :-(

Was told to go a bit up in terms of size, which judging by other posts in here would seem to be reliable information. So I'm a size 11 and my Brooks are 10.5.
Feb 2012
3:15pm, 28 Feb 2012
1,743 posts
  •  
emdee
Thanks all :)
Feb 2012
10:16pm, 28 Feb 2012
46 posts
  •  
beebop
Also love the Saucony Kinvara - took a pair out of their box and ran a marathon in them straight off (stupid but necessary in the circs). I take a size 5 in them, though I'm a 4 in most shoes. Have very wide feet, so had to go up a size, but fantastic shoes - they don't have a lot of structural bits (very technical) so don't seem to rub or anything. Very light, quick on tarmac and reasonable off road, I find. Bought another pair for when these wear out - that happy with them. 'Neutral' runner, if that helps.

Enjoy whatever you choose. ;-)
Feb 2012
10:23pm, 28 Feb 2012
1,746 posts
  •  
emdee
Sounds just about perfect for me beebop.. I've gone for the Kinvara.. not sure when I'll get 'em yet though.
PQ
Feb 2012
10:51pm, 28 Feb 2012
4,754 posts
  •  
PQ
I got a pair of progrid kinvara's just a few weeks ago and I love them. All my other shoes are progrid triumphs. I never have to break any of them in as they feel comfy from the start and I've never had any problems with them. Saucony always for me. Size wise I get a 6.5 (I'm 5.5 in non running shoes). Neutral runner also.
OJ
Feb 2012
10:24pm, 29 Feb 2012
78 posts
  •  
OJ
I wear Kilkennys for cross country and really like them - sized up half a size which I have never had to do in any other shoes - presumed it was because they were XC flats.

Stupidly bought a pair of Hurricane 14s in my usual size and they're narrow across the instep. Didn't notice in the shop as was busy thinking about gait and cushioning. Don't think they're small as much as narrow, particularly in the toe box.

Will let you know what else I think of them. Nicely light. Remain to be convinced though.
Feb 2012
10:34pm, 29 Feb 2012
6,216 posts
  •  
Stander
My first pair were Pro Onmi's model 8. I literally ran those into the ground and replaced them only when I actually started wearing through the inside of the heel.

Struggled when I brought a pair of model 9's so found a paid of 8's on the net. Struggled with them and bit the bullet and brought another pair of the model 9's. Bitvhed about them but I've still managed to rack up silly miles in them.

Just brought a pair of their model 10's and they seem okay. Out of the box I did a 10 mile run inthem without any problems at all.

They do have a lot of toe space and I did opriginally have a lot of trouble with all of them giving me pins and needles on long runs, but once I get the laces sorted out to the correct tightness I have no problems with them now. Just trial and error I guess in the end.
Feb 2012
10:43pm, 29 Feb 2012
795 posts
  •  
Tikka
I'm reading this literally 5 minutes after tipping my almost-new Saucony Pro Grid Triumphs in the recycling bin. Clunky, heavy, hard and inflexible - I figured if they haven't got any better after 90 miles it's because they're not going to.
Feb 2012
11:40pm, 29 Feb 2012
7,385 posts
  •  
James1982a
My Grid Type A4's are great, a bit squishy compared to Addidas Adizero Pro's, a teeny bit heavier, but I may well by another pair :-)
OJ
Mar 2012
11:21am, 2 Mar 2012
79 posts
  •  
OJ
Oh no Tikka. That sounds annoying (and expensive).

My Hurricane's are wearing in a bit, and following some chiropody attention on my feet are not rubbing noticeably until a few miles into the run. But I'm still annoyed. with them. Why oh why have such a narrow/pointy toe area in a running shoe. Caveat Emptor etc.

I'll have to buy a completely different pair soon enough and keep these just for short recoveries and speedwork.

About This Thread

Maintained by emdee
I've never used Saucony shoeses before, but I have the opportunity to choose a pair. So, I'm looki...