Salomon XT Wings 10L + 3 vest backpack - Any body use?

1 watcher
May 2013
12:38pm, 20 May 2013
5,438 posts
  •  
*Anj*
I am really struggling to find a back pack that I can use for adventure races where I can carry enough gear for 5 - 6hrs racing AND fits me.

I am 5ft 2 and have a 14 inch torso and most other back packs are too long (the waist band ends up around my hips and doesn't feel secure when running).

Anyone have any experience of the Salomon vests? I thought they may be better than somethng with straps.
May 2013
12:42pm, 20 May 2013
16,243 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I have the S-Lab one, very comfy, fits well (though I am clearly bigger than you).

Doesnt rely on waist straps just fits like a vest, strangely.

Mine isn't very big though, hardly fits more than the bladder.

Recently got a North face Enduro which holds enough and carries two bottles (which i prefer to bladders), but isn't small around the waist. I reckon much less than 30" and it would be too big.

Raidlight 10l is also good, but a bit big.
May 2013
12:44pm, 20 May 2013
5,439 posts
  •  
*Anj*
is the S-Lab one just smaller in capacity??

The 10L+3 one does expand (has a zip apparently). I need to be able to carry an extra top & waterproof, some grub, enough water in a bladder, bike tool kit, first aid kit etc
May 2013
12:50pm, 20 May 2013
16,244 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I think I have seen the 10+3, and it looks like mine, but bigger and more solidly made (the s-lab is mostly mesh). You can get a bit of stuff in the back, but not enough for all you need.

The 10+3 (if its the one I think it is) should be plenty.

In my 10l TNF thing I can get whole body waterproofs, first aid kit, headtorch, food, spare top.
I think 10l is plenty big enough.
May 2013
12:54pm, 20 May 2013
5,440 posts
  •  
*Anj*
I am pretty confident the 10L will be enough. My main concern is the length and fit on my small torso......

Maybe I should bite the bullet and get one to see how it fits. Was interested though if anyone had one and could let me know how they get on with it.
May 2013
12:56pm, 20 May 2013
16,245 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
It looks like it sits high, certainly my S-Lab one does.
It only comes down to mid-back on me. Almost feels like its not secure, but it never moves when running.
May 2013
5:04pm, 20 May 2013
5,441 posts
  •  
*Anj*
That's good to know, will probably sit like a normal back pack on me :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by *Anj*
I am really struggling to find a back pack that I can use for adventure races where I can carry enou...