Running with Diabetes

4 watchers
Mar 2021
8:45am, 19 Mar 2021
13,499 posts
  •  
Ultracat
I would say it’s normal for your BG levels to drop after any aerobic exercise. Many athletes who do not have diabetes will have low blood sugars after longer runs especially marathons.

When I used to go to the gym I did a mix of aerobic and anaerobic exercise. Anaerobic or weights tends to raise BG levels.

So you try sprinting at the end of your run, put stress on your body.
Mar 2021
9:50am, 19 Mar 2021
3,544 posts
  •  
TBR (TheBeardRunner)
I get the feeling that once I started walking (briskly) the sugars levelled out and felt fine?
Mar 2021
12:08pm, 19 Mar 2021
13,500 posts
  •  
Ultracat
It’s hard, I find I can do exactly the same things, eat the same, inject the same and end up with different BG levels, one day high another day low.

Hypos just knacker you and are not very pleasant. Some days I eat more sugar than I would like to keep on top of hypos but I do my best which is all any of can do.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hubrun
Hi everyone, not been on here for a long time so I apologise if there is already a thread for this. ...