Running with a backpack - where did you get yours?

4 watchers
Jan 2012
6:42am, 22 Jan 2012
2,317 posts
  •  
adrianb1066
Got my Raidlight 10L from Likeys (through Amazon - Great service!) this week and it will be having its trail debut this morning :-) Just ordered a Platypus 2Litre Ziploc bladder as well for it - Will report back later.
Jan 2012
7:58am, 22 Jan 2012
3,342 posts
  •  
frangale
I use a deuter 10l, weighs less than my lipgloss when its empty! Really comfortable
Jan 2012
8:55am, 22 Jan 2012
3,056 posts
  •  
Shin-Twigs
I second deuter. incredibly comfortable and weightless.
Jan 2012
9:24am, 22 Jan 2012
7,580 posts
  •  
_andy
Just to give balance (like the BBC), I throw a vote in for Inov8 stuff. The 18l rucksack is great, and proivded you get all the weight in the lumbar region and tighten the bungee, etc. will not bounce at all. Can also fit a horizontal bladder system too, which is in the place on your back, and adds a bit of lumbar support.

Having said that, I'd always go for Inov8 4l bumbag as an alternative (the rucksack is good for winter and/or mountain outings). For the negative bumbag comments on page one, I've never had any of these with this bit of kit and it is much, much more accessible on the run, without having to take the backpack off and faff about putting stuff in and getting it out again (as I did lots of yesterday).

Lots of choice for good kit here

Jan 2012
1:14pm, 22 Jan 2012
2,322 posts
  •  
adrianb1066
Just got back from my first run with my Raidlight 10 and all good, although I didn't take much out with me except some dextrose tablets, gels and the water bottle. I didn't notice any bounce or chafing. I think I need to adjust a few straps so that the waistband sits a little lower under my ribcage and my left inner forearm rubbed slightly against the water bottle - Overall I loved it! Got a Platypus on order and will put that into use next Sunday!
Jan 2012
1:29pm, 22 Jan 2012
First-time poster!!
  •  
kenerz
I'll third deuter 10l. Use it for all my long runs, almost forget i'm wearing it!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
Doing a lot more trail running these days and when the days get a bit longer and warmer, I'd like t...