Running with a backpack - where did you get yours?

4 watchers
Jan 2012
9:10pm, 19 Jan 2012
270 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Last Drop straps are seriously uncomfortable in my experience. I much prefer Inov-8 12lt
Jan 2012
9:14pm, 19 Jan 2012
5,653 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Slightly worried now...

I've got a Last Drop on order should be delivered (here) tomorrow or Saturday.
Jan 2012
9:20pm, 19 Jan 2012
721 posts
  •  
louismaxy
Another vote for the Raidlight 10L been using it since the beginning of last year. Have used it on a couple of ultras 100 mile plus bike rides and to work and back everyday!!

Basically lush
Jan 2012
9:20pm, 19 Jan 2012
271 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I used my girlfriend's for a 5hour run in a vest and it wasn't good. Commuting in winter kit will probably be fine. It's a good price :-)
Jan 2012
9:28pm, 19 Jan 2012
94 posts
  •  
hopetofinish
Raidlight 10L here as well :) Purchased from likeys with a fast delivery, and a compliment slip thanking me for my business.
Jan 2012
9:47pm, 19 Jan 2012
485 posts
  •  
MuddyIdiot
Another vote for the last drop here. Use it for a 9mile run commute nee bother! Straps are rather thin (that's why it's light), but not uncomfortable. Have also used it on long hot trail races during the summer (17mile+) without any problems! With anything this light, it pays to pack yer sack carefully & make sure you take some of the weight through the chest strap & waist strap, not all through the shoulder straps.
Jan 2012
1:46pm, 21 Jan 2012
2,264 posts
  •  
sallykate
Having seen this thread I've just taken delivery of a Last Drop from Sweatshop. I'm hoping it will mean I can run home from work once a week, sometimes with my laptop. Will see how it goes!

A more annoying problem is that we have two major offices in London, one of which is my formal base so I have a locker and can leave stuff overnight with no problem. The other one has lockers that can be used as day lockers but not for overnight stuff. I'm trying to convince them that it ought to be possible to leave stuff overnight and cleared out by, say, 10am, but they're being remarkably inflexible.
Jan 2012
10:25pm, 21 Jan 2012
5,661 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Here's my verdict then.

I collected my OMM Last Drop from the Post Office (as sent by Sweatshop) on the way to Parkrun. I very nearly wore it at Parkrun to 'wear it in' until I realised that was a mad idea. Instead I went back out after lunch and did 10 off road miles.

All in all it was pretty comfortable. There are lots of straps and I haven't got them all set quite right yet. I need to shorten the shoulder bits so I wear it higher: it was tending to sit too low down and with too much weight on the waist strap. But that's just getting it set right for my shape. I really like the water bottle holders: they're really deep. The Karrimor one I mentioned a page or so earlier has really shallow ones. If you bend over at all, you get a water bottle falling out and hitting you on the ear.

The straps do seem thin (but I guess this all helps with the ultra lightweight-ness of it) and I can see that it would be a bit tediious if worn over a vest for any length of time. But for me these are minor quibbles and I'm - so far - very haappy with the purchase. So thanks to Loki for pointing out the discount at Sweatshop.
Jan 2012
10:27pm, 21 Jan 2012
26,888 posts
  •  
Toks
I got mine at decathlon surry quays in London :-)
Jan 2012
11:00pm, 21 Jan 2012
1,003 posts
  •  
susietwoshoes
Mine is the Inov8 12litre. very fond of it, fits well, doesn't bounce, and has cute wee pockets at the sides. It also carries a lot of "stuff" . Must admit to being a bit of a kit Junkie these days, I also have a Deuter which I love but it doesn't have the wee pockets so I use it on the bike. I will be purchasing a OMM 10 litre soon .

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
Doing a lot more trail running these days and when the days get a bit longer and warmer, I'd like t...