running, training and natural ability

2 watchers
May 2012
4:05pm, 17 May 2012
6,221 posts
  •  
mulbs
are you sitting comforatbly? then I'll begin. Can't help but notice the mahoosive range of running paces/distances etc. in the land of Fetch, so I was wondering if those that are in clubs have changed much about thier running as a consequence of being club runners or if they already were within a shout of doing att the club type stuff anyway.

Do you get what I mean? I'm v slow and always have been, I'm not techno'd up so haven't a clue about heart rates/vo2 levels/anythign at all really and I've tried to roughly speaking have a long run and a bit of a hilly run and a run I might try and do a bit quicker or I might take it a bit easier on but I've never done proper serious targetted sessions, partly because I do generally like what i do and I'm still doing it after a number of years and partly because if someone asked me to run util i felt sick I'd just cry. But what if? What if inside I'm really an 8 minute miler and not a 10_11 minute miler? How do I know?
May 2012
4:07pm, 17 May 2012
6,398 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
You'll never know unless you try. But you don't have to.
May 2012
4:09pm, 17 May 2012
9,779 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Depends on what you want out of your running and racing.
May 2012
4:10pm, 17 May 2012
11,925 posts
  •  
Homer
I have no doubt at all that joining a club made me much faster. Try it, you can always leave.

(though I'm back to slow again now)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by mulbs
are you sitting comforatbly? then I'll begin. Can't help but notice the mahoosive range of runnin...