Running trainers-advice needed

1 watcher
Oct 2013
11:18am, 15 Oct 2013
3 posts
  •  
Paulina
Hi all
I am soon buying new running trainers and need some advice as to what to search for. Can you recommend any? Are the Sketchers Go Run good?
I have new balance and saucony at the moment but they soon need to be replaced xx
Paulina
Oct 2013
11:20am, 15 Oct 2013
3,928 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
What kind of running is it? Have you been fitted properly so know if you need support, or are a neutral runner etc? I have Ravenna 3's and love them, but they could be totally unsuitable for your style.
Oct 2013
11:47am, 15 Oct 2013
6 posts
  •  
Paulina
mainly road running, I have been fitted, just need a new pair. what sort are Ravenna 3 ? xx
Oct 2013
11:54am, 15 Oct 2013
7,435 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
If you have a shoe that suits you, that does not cause any injuries, then do not change it. There is no such thing as a"good" or "bad" shoe. It's a matter of what is right for you.
Oct 2013
11:55am, 15 Oct 2013
7,436 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
I meant don't change the type of shoe you use. Obviously change the shoes at the end of their life
Oct 2013
11:56am, 15 Oct 2013
2,782 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I was going to say similar - I changed brands last year (when they didn't have the one I was looking for) - big mistake, never got on with the shoes & ended up buying a second new pair about 3 months later. Personally I love New Balance.
Oct 2013
11:57am, 15 Oct 2013
3,930 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Yeah, what Son said really. Ravenna are support but if the NB and Saucony have done you fine to this point I wouldn't really be changing. Basically whatever the guys who fitted you said, would be far better info than anything we could offer you going on limited details.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi all
I am soon buying new running trainers and need some advice as to what to search for. Can you...